Download Speeds with Gaia iPad

mmbirtcher

Observer
I’m experiencing very slow download speeds for Gaia maps onto IPad Air 2 with 120mbps WiFi. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe found a solution?

Superduty

Adventurer
Welcome to Gaia.

I found that if I only download one map location and one map layer / source at a time the speed is faster, or at least seems faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mmbirtcher

Observer
Gaia said their Gaia Roadmap is “deprecated” on iOS. No clue what that means... Gaia Topo downloaded very fast. That combined with Google Maps that I download should be ok. I might try national maps as well.

mmbirtcher

Observer
I did have success also with the National Maps and even upgraded to premium to get the BLM overlays and Nat Geo Maps. No clue why their own maps are so messed up.

dstock

Explorer
I can't get any maps to download on Android all of a sudden. App either freezes on "download map" or when you name the download and hit "save" I've sent feedback.

mmbirtcher

Observer
Only GAIA Roadmap was slow for me. I was so impressed with the rest of the maps and performance I bought the Pro level annual subscription. Better than any other options.

dstock

Explorer
I can't get any maps to download on Android all of a sudden. App either freezes on "download map" or when you name the download and hit "save" I've sent feedback.

Update: I re-installed the app and it's working again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles