double glazed windows.

I'm new here been lurking for awhile. Ive been thinking about windows for a home built camper. Why couldn't someone use marine quality windows on the outside and then make a simple plexiglass inside that could be held by magnetic tape and remove in the summer? It would keep inside moist air from coming into contact with a cold window. Should work pretty well. I'm not camping at altitude in the winter . thanks

1000arms

I'm new here been lurking for awhile. Ive been thinking about windows for a home built camper. Why couldn't someone use marine quality windows on the outside and then make a simple plexiglass inside that could be held by magnetic tape and remove in the summer? It would keep inside moist air from coming into contact with a cold window. Should work pretty well. I'm not camping at altitude in the winter . thanks
It might be cheaper to use Velcro, snaps, and/or shock-cord with marine vinyl window material for the removable windows. https://www.marinevinylfabric.com/products/clear-marine-vinyl

You could also use separate, operable, homemade screened-vents combined with non-opening windows to allow for cheaper costs, better views, and the ability to let the camper vent while keeping it locked up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior