Double Fridge slide?

Redman333

Adventurer
I have a very tall Tundra sitting on 37s. I want to put a fridge in but the only way I can see to make it easy for the Mrs to be able to reach in is to install a slide to bring the fridge to the edge of the tailgate and then put a drop slide on top of that to drop the top of the fridge to be level with the tailgate.

Has anyone dealt with this issue and figured out a solution. Am I even looking at this correct? Any help would be appreciated.

lugueto

Adventurer
well, you'd be adding a hundred pounds of weight, plus quite a few hundred $$ for a very complex, wobbly solution.

I agree your best bet is to buy a couple flat-folding stools, have them handy in the vehicle and use them to get to the fridge..

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Another thought might be to put the fridge in the back seat. Presumably she climbs into the cab and can reach over the seat or stand in the back.

But I still think a stool wins the game at the best price point.

Wilbah

Adventurer
I agree it could be an issue- I've played with some math on a friend's truck and with something like this Easy Slide Easy Slide - Lowering Travel Fridge Slide By Clearview (clearviewmirrorsusa.com) (see pic 13 for dimensions & drop) here's what I came up with (which is problematic as his wife is short). And that is $750+!

Bed height: +/-40"
Fridge drop: 10.5" (265 mm)
Bottom of fridge: 29.5"
Height of Fridge (ARB): 20"
Top of fridge when lowered: 49-50"

I've seen DIY versions of the easy slide which might work but it would still have to be a greater drop than 11" to be meaningful and worth it. I'm thinking something with a pulley/wire rope system to get a bigger drop would be the way to go.

BigBrokenZJ

I have a very tall Tundra sitting on 37s. I want to put a fridge in but the only way I can see to make it easy for the Mrs to be able to reach in is to install a slide to bring the fridge to the edge of the tailgate and then put a drop slide on top of that to drop the top of the fridge to be level with the tailgate.

Has anyone dealt with this issue and figured out a solution. Am I even looking at this correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked at tilt slides? I had my elements fridge on top of a decked system and the tilt made it so the vertically challenged could easily reach the whole fridge

Even with it loaded, it was easy to open and close.

IMG_6372.jpg

Wilbah

Adventurer
Have you looked at tilt slides? I had my elements fridge on top of a decked system and the tilt made it so the vertically challenged could easily reach the whole fridge

Even with it loaded, it was easy to open and close.

View attachment 731785
BigBroken do you have any spillage issues with the tilt version? I've seen those but been somewhat skeptical for that reason.

BigBrokenZJ

BigBroken do you have any spillage issues with the tilt version? I've seen those but been somewhat skeptical for that reason.

I’ve never had anything spill, but we are careful when packing also. Good containers go a long way.

We like tortilla soup and frequently take a container full for lunches, no issues.

lugueto

Adventurer
tiltslides wont work without a drawer system, I don't think it'd clear the tailgate in order for it to tilt.

And if he adds a drawer system to the already tall vehicle, he'll further add to the problem.

dstefan

+ 1 on the DFG slide.

I have mine (regular, not tilting) mounted to some 8020 rails on spacers and the 8020 mounted in my bed to accommodate a slide-out counter underneath. No problems.

Makes me wonder why you couldnt create a flat slide out mount with 8020‘s sliding UHMW fitings and then mount a tilting slide to that? Would allow you to pull the slide out to the tailgate then tilt it down?

Or, if you don’t mind the expense, mount a tilting slide on top of a reg pull out slide

edit: There’s lots of examples on the forum of double/compound slide out platforms in the many posts and threads on drawer systems. You might get some other ideas there.

Or just buy her a step stool, like my wife:ROFLMAO:
1659652557848.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles