Door lock security warning for Gen 3 (not sure about other Gens)

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I recently discovered that sometimes my rear door (large back -barn door, cargo area) does not always lock but the horn beep will sound when hitting the door lock on my remote key fob. When I physically check the doors they are all locked except this one, sometimes, but not all the time. So after hitting the lock button on the fob and getting the beep I check the passenger doors and they are fine but when I check the rear door it opens and the alarm sounds which I think indicates that the vehicle "thinks" it was locked and now security is being breached. So I probably have a bad automatic lock motor or actuator (not sure of proper name) so I will need to work on that. And to all of the other Montero owners you may want to check your vehicle as described and see it is really locked. Just a friendly public service announcement, sort of.

SirFrancisDrake

2002 Montero Ltd
My alarm has been going off randomly if armed after an hour or two. I've been leaving a door unlocked so the factory alarm will not arm. Will have to check and see if doors are actually locking.

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
I have not yet experienced this. Have you been able to find any information from the Pajero forums for this?

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I have not yet experienced this. Have you been able to find any information from the Pajero forums for this?

Not yet. I am just finishing my work week so I will look into it more now. It has happened a few times. I check it everyday now when I walk into work. I will post anything I find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior