Door dead bolt locks

rideglobally

Adventurer
Thank you I will do my research on these locks. Very helpful.
View attachment 470011View attachment 470012EarthRoamers use a Custom made deadbolt on the truck cab doors. But, I believe Thule offers a similar deadbolt that uses locking hitchpins to secure the doors. Not sure if they offer them in the states though.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/external-billet-door-locks.111733/
You might Google images of ”van locks”. You will find examples of vehicle deadbolts. But being a more universal fit and likely cheaper, Limpets seem far more popular.
No surprise, Most of these manufacturers/vendors are european.

As far ’what I use’. Being a tinkerer and SFIC fanatic, I made custom deadbolts what are actuated by modified Best L-series cabinet locks.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I've considered some hidden locks actuated by morse cables that are mounted in inconspicuous places. Anyone ever done that? My camper already has locking doors but those could just be decoys for the "real" locks that are hidden

Willsfree

These locks stumbled onto one my feeds: Thunderbolt Locks
I've been looking for a good solution for locking my front driver/passenger doors. These look like they might work. I have puck lock/hasps on the side and rear now.

1646775528405.png

WanderingBison

I installed these on my rig and I’m quite pleased.

I ran into an issue with the actuator cable used in the early units and the Thunderbolt team provided outstanding service, overnighted the replacement cables they now use.

It’s a great solution to secure the doors without attracting attention.

I combined these on the rear and slider doors, along with interior deadbolts locks from Europe that are distributed by Overland Outfitters/Total Composite.

It a great combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles