Don't you wish you could pick one , just one

Happykamper

Explorer
Ok if your like me, well let's hope not. But if your like me in one wish. Would it not be great to be able to just one time, pick any vehicle new or used from around the world and bring it back legally. A sort of a one expo vehicle amnesty !
If you are like me , and hopefully just in this regard lol. Which vehicle and why would you import ?
Remember just one !!!!

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Flying+Saucer+3.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
VW T5 with a camper/4WD conversion. (betcha ya thought I was going to say 70 series or Hilux, eh? :D) We had a '73 Westy for 8 years, loved it...but it was a bit archaic, always wanted a modern, diesel, manual trans, 4WD version of it.

Everything you need, and nothing you don't. I could do without the racing stripes and snorkel...so it is a bit more unassuming. Know a lot of people would want something that stands out more and unique...like a 70 series, Mog, Man...and the like, but I like subdued...something that blends in. Don't like a lot of gawkers & looky loos... ;) Would turn those white letter tires around, use a less aggressive tread pattern, and paint the rims back to silver too. Guessing people paint the rims black to make it look more offroady and aggressive???

http://multicamper.com/

a332f4597afe0ab9c7a54efdc4b7ec0f.jpg

A HiAce would work too. The non-forward control.

toyota__land_cruiser_2_5_d_4d_4x4_off_road_nestle_2011_1_lgw.jpg

Last edited:

Happykamper

Explorer
I really like the T6 and the Astro Van. Your right for one or two people each of these would be great. Both pretty capable rigs .

Gotta say that space ship sometimes looks awful tempting to just jump in and leave this marble :)

Happykamper

Explorer
I'm thinking the Montero or its Euro version would be fun! From what I've read here on EP you get a lot of rig for your money!!! And there are a lot of Mods readily available . Plus also just from what I've read there extremely capable with substantial room inside and up top , yet small enough to traverse just about anywhere you would want to go.

Happykamper

Explorer
Nice !!! Now that's pretty cool. There is a Unimog just posted for sale here. It's in France but maybe a peek at it would give you ideas for your dream rig !!!!

jkam

nomadic man
I want a more modern chassis than the older UNIMOG. The Bucher Duro has a really nice setup, I like the way they did the axles and brakes etc. using the system they did.
And if the price is accurate on the Unicat site at &#8364;49,000, seems like a pretty good place to start from.

Clutch

<---Pass
I have the one, 2005 Chevrolet Astro AWD. Tough, reliable, easy to mod, not huge.

I really like the T6 and the Astro Van. Your right for one or two people each of these would be great. Both pretty capable rigs .

Astro's are certianly cool, they have the same problem as VW Syncros...getting a little long in the tooth.

That T6 certianly can be recreated here with either a lowroof short wheelbase 4WD Sprinter or Transit, with a camper conversion. Like the T6...will not be cheap. Where-as a midsize pickup with an AT Habitat, FWC, or ATC camper accomplishes pretty much the same thing, and for less money...and is a bit more capable. Cheapest 4WD mid-size is around $25K...another $10K for a bare bones camper...is a lot better than having to spend $60-70K++ on a new 4WD camper van. Heck you could buy 2 mid-size trucks for the price of one 4WD camper van! One for you and one for the wife! ;)

Love the layout of a camper van, the walk-thru is awfully nice, just don't want to pay for it. Nor want to buy a used one and be constantly wrenching on it.

There sure are a lot of "grass is greener" vehicles out there, dunno...what we have here is pretty good too. The midsize truck market is finally getting some life breathed into it. Real curious about the Ford Ranger coming, hopefully Ford doesn't dumb it down too much for the American market...like what Toyota did with the Tacoma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz