Don't go out alone - and bring your recovery gear.

Great initial thread and follow on comments from most; not sure why people can't just get on a thread and expand it with additional knowledge and insight from experience so others may grow.

On that note, this thread can really be turned into a self recovery type place in the absolute need to do so. I agree that I never get off the well known areas or "easy" trails but even then it might not be about getting stuck but a simple break-down that can leave one stranded.

I'm considering a fuel heater for my RTT option as well as a baffle to run it into my cabin through one of the window grates I have; also a scondary necessity for cold weather stranded type issues.

In-Reach is a necessity for me; I carry it when I'm flying in the event I make it through the impact (my passengers know how to use it) in the mountainous/remote areas and I leave it in my bail-out bag in Victory the other 90% of the time; on or off-road!

On that note, a properly used Hi-Lift will handle anything a winch is needed for and much cheaper for those who do not want or can't afford a winch. Get a good tree strap, ground anchor (if-needed), a good set of 20k chains and take the time to get you out safely. Yes, it will take much longer than winch but it does the job in the emergency situation. Not to mention it can be used for jacking the vehicle to support tires in soft areas such as sand and mud and break the suction in water/muddy that increases the pull-load required to get a vehicle out in the first place. I once used my Hi-Lift to drag Victory back onto the trail; took a bit of time but easy peasy with a one person operation while my co-pilot sat in the chair drinking a cider and looking pretty!

Great start to this thread and I look forward to seeing the positive growth it will bring to all of us!

Rover on my friends; Rover On!

11b4v

Adventurer
That hole doesnt really look that bad. I take it was the ring of thick ice you couldnt get through, or over.

PS, I always go it alone, just dont have a local crew to wheel with. With that, I do have front and rear winches. A set of maxxtraxx and I'm done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94