Don't Everyone Jump On This At Once

David_h

Worth more than the sum of its parts? Maybe for someone who doesn't want to spend the time or hassle to assemble their own rig.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
2001 F350 4X4 is $35k
Brand new Granby Camper base price is under $21k
??
In economics it's known as opportunity cost. In our current reality even if you can find the two parts for those asking prices doing so without lead times is impossible. FWC is suggesting a potential buyer should be ordering now if you want it sometime in 2022. A new Granby could be priced at $10k or $100k but doesn't matter if there are none to buy. So those that do actually exist and are available get to dictate the terms. It's a seller's market and buyers are free to walk away. This guy won't get what he's asking but it'll be more than $46k.

cobro92

I mean maybe that truck is worth 35-40k realistically with all of those mods. Camper is worth 30k, maybe. 132k is insane for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rruff

Explorer
You could buy a brand new F350 ($40k), a Norweld tray ($15k) and a FWC flatbed ($35k) and be in it well under what this guy wants a for a 20 year old truck.

But that's ************ new stuff! Not the legendary 20 year old stuff with 250k miles. :unsure:

Let's go ahead and get a better spec F350 for $50k, which boosts to $100k total. Could you pay someone to do the upgrades for $32k? Problem is, it'd take over a year just to get in line and get it all new. Weird times... in the middle of a recession people are rich, buying like crazy, and no one wants to work...

Last edited:

danneskjold

But that's ************ new stuff! Not the legendary 20 year old stuff with 250k miles. :unsure:

Let's go ahead and get a better spec F350 for $50k, which boosts to $100k total. Could you pay someone to do the upgrades for $32k? Problem is, it'd take over a year just to get in line and get it all new. Weird times... in the middle of a recession people are rich, buying like crazy, and no one wants to work...

Even a 2021 XL at $40k is a lot nicer than a 2001 XLT…I know because I have both.

Seems like most of the upgrades done to the truck were basically done because the truck is old and used - take those away and you are basically left with suspension, an air compressor, a bumper and a winch.

Of course, as you said everything is back ordered so if you want it now you will pay a premium. But at this price I’d rather buy a ************ class C and drive that around for a bit while I waited for everything I ordered to get ready

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles