Don’t Give Up on The “Dependable” Nissan Frontier Just Yet

Grassland

Here is the ratios for the 2021 which i assume are the same:

88e18efbbe86096eeca3f66b793f0f2c.png

Its all in the first gear. That transmission has an insane spread. The ford/gm 10 speed is like 4.7:1 to .63:1

Skinny06

Since 2020 and the 9 speed the rear axle ratio has been 3.69. ADO is having m205 gearsets made in 3.69 so they can Titan swap their 2022 Pro4x shop truck. I'm assuming the 9 speed has more normal gear ratios, and they can run more standard final drive ratios now. So someone might need to make 4.30 or 4.56 gears for running 35" tires now.
interesting. Didn't know that about the gear ratios but its been a couple days since I've shot the ******** with Chad and Kyle. The new truck is looking great with the lift they put on. Really looking forward to the pizza cutters on it

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Had to take my Titan in for a recall check on the tires and got to see my first 22 Frontier. Looks great in person! Nice interior, good front end, nice and compact, solid visibility. Didn't drive it but if I was midsize shopping it looks like a solid all arounder.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
The front R180 is also used on the Armada with the 400HP V8
The rear Dana was closely related with the older Jeep Rubicon. Some parts interchanged (some years ring and pinion for example)

Grassland

To be fair though, I don't think they ever intended for those to really get used off road. That part choice screams 'weight/cost/efficiency' savings.
Yeah that ring gear seems small for a 33" tire and 20 inch rim on a vehicle that heavy and powerful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94