Dometic RM2193 Help Please!

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Hey Guys,
So my fridge was working great till this past weekend when all of a sudden it stopped working correctly. I was cruising in the low 40's to high 30's when I got back from a hike and BAM 60 degrees in my fridge! No good. When I got home I threw it on 120V to see if that worked. I was down to 38 degrees in no time.

So, I tore it out of the camper today to try and diagnose the problem. I took it apart and cleaned orifice and burner. Mainly looking at this link http://www.rvmobile.com/Tech/Trouble/gassys.htm

There is nothing clogging the lines, nothing in the chimney, the baffle is there, and all looks well. Not to mention it burns bright blue and it heats up. Im pretty stumped now. :confused: :confused: I dont think this model has a thermostat. Just High, Med, and Low for Gas. Then just for fun, I plugged it into 120 again about 3 hours ago and just went out to check it. 38 Degrees....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Im headed out to Utah next month on the first extended trip with the rig and I need the fridge working.
THANKS

Back of the fridge & Baffle coming out.
P4230350.jpg

P4230349.jpg

Chimney Exposed
P4230357.jpg

P4230353.jpg

Orifice & Burner
P4230351.jpg

Burning Bright Blue
P4230369.jpg

Help Please! I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

samuraiowner

I don't know if I can help you any but I have one too and it is acting similer.

I found my propane regulator was not working right and replaced it last night, mine got down to 38 over night but I don't think it's fixed.
mine is a 2007 dad has one too. it's an older one over 10 years old, his will freeze stuff if it's set on high. we lit his to compare and notised that we could here the burner it was loud!!, mine you have to put your ear very close to the burner to here it.
I think the control valve is not letting enough propane to the burner on mine so my next step is to see if there is an adjustment on the valve, or replace it.

ExpoMike

Don't have any advice to fix your but these problems I continually hear about with these 3 way fridges is exactly why I am replacing mine with a DC unit that uses a compressor, like the Engel/ARB units. I found a Nova Cool fridge (R2600) that will replace my current Norcold 323 in the exact cut out dimensions. I actually go from 1.7 cf to 2.4 cf as you don't have the propane burner taking up room.

Good luck but know there are other options should you want to replace it.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the reply. After lots of research and a few calls I had a plan of attack. What I found is the temperature range to make the thermodynamic process work is very small. All in all, you need to service them about one a year which is basically cleaning the burner and chimney.

So, I had already taken the burner apart and cleaned it thoroughly so I taped some sandpaper to a metal rod and fit that into my electric drill. I then basically sanded/buffed the chimney. After that I took some fine grain sandpaper to the baffle and cleaned that up.

I reinstalled and it worked so well I had to turn it to Medium on the last trip. Almost froze my BEER! :wings: Ive been meeting to post up a few diagrams for you all. Ill get on it.
Cheers!
Paul

tyv12

Adventurer
I know this is an old thread but just had a similar problem with my fridge after the regulator for the propane had failed. I think because the fridge ran for a while at low propane pressure it allows a layer of sut to build up, cleaned that until it was shiny and now it's sitting at 27 degrees in there thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles