Dometic Fridges - new model less efficient than old model?

Duredel

Hi all,

I'm shopping fridges and was curious about the dimension differences between the Dometic CFX series and CFX3 series. While in the data, I noticed something interesting- the CFX 35W uses 62 kWh/year, while the newer CFX3 35 uses 81 kWh/year. This is not insignificant- that's a huge difference in power consumption for from what I can see is the same cooling capabilities, temperatures, etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Should I be on the lookout for a vintage CFX instead of a CFX3?

Attachments

• CFX3 Series.png
    CFX3 Series.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 12
  • CFX Series.png
    CFX Series.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 12

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
The CFX3 is more efficient by a change we made to the way the compressor is run by the controller. We call this VMSO3, which was a recalibration of the variable speed compressor the CFX3 uses.

However, we ALSO added an anti-condensation feature that prevents frost build-up where the gasket of the lid will seat. This feature is similar to the heating element a household fridge would have. This new feature increased the power consumption slightly, which is why you are seeing the difference in overall energy consumption between the two generations.

Hope this helps!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94