Dometic Fridge Questions

Fuhaxian

Thinking about picking up a Dometic fridge for my Jeep and I’m looking real close at the Dometic CFX50.

Has anyone run this in their JKU and does it fit on the driver side with the fridge slide? If so, have you installed the recliner kit for the rear seats and does it still fit?

Post pictures if you have them, thanks!

harpersJK

I just installed one a couple weeks ago and it fits perfect, I wouldn't go any bigger that's for sure. I don't have the recliner kit, I believe that could be an issue depending how you position the fridge in the slide.

See attached pic and let me know if you have any other questions.

Did you see Dometic currently has a 20% sale this weekend?

Randy

Attachments

• fridge jeep.jpg
    fridge jeep.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 46

Fuhaxian

I just installed one a couple weeks ago and it fits perfect, I wouldn't go any bigger that's for sure. I don't have the recliner kit, I believe that could be an issue depending how you position the fridge in the slide.

See attached pic and let me know if you have any other questions.

Did you see Dometic currently has a 20% sale this weekend?

Randy

That might or might not be a reason why I’m also thinking about getting one right now ?. How do you have the slide mounted? If I was to add a platform about an inch or two above the floor would it still fit?

Edit: Could you by chance take a photo of the fridge tolerance between the tailgate and the handle?

harpersJK

That might or might not be a reason why I’m also thinking about getting one right now ?. How do you have the slide mounted? If I was to add a platform about an inch or two above the floor would it still fit?

Edit: Could you by chance take a photo of the fridge tolerance between the tailgate and the handle?

Yeah, you can't beat 20% off and it's a great fridge and I have no issues with the slide either.

Check out this thread: https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/just-five-bolts-fridge-slide-and-cargo-rack.184396/

As for the clearance between the fridge and tailgate, maybe 3/4" to an inch, not much.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Randy

Fuhaxian

Yeah, you can't beat 20% off and it's a great fridge and I have no issues with the slide either.

Check out this thread: https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/just-five-bolts-fridge-slide-and-cargo-rack.184396/

As for the clearance between the fridge and tailgate, maybe 3/4" to an inch, not much.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Randy
I think you’ve answered my questions exactly enough. I don’t have many passengers in the rear to really incline to upgrade with the recliner kit and I feel the 50Q would be best bang for my buck. Thank you Randy I really appreciate it and I’m probably going to buy the 50Q. I know for a fact that if I get anything less I’ll always regret it.

harpersJK

I think you’ve answered my questions exactly enough. I don’t have many passengers in the rear to really incline to upgrade with the recliner kit and I feel the 50Q would be best bang for my buck. Thank you Randy I really appreciate it and I’m probably going to buy the 50Q. I know for a fact that if I get anything less I’ll always regret it.

Your welcome! Just PM me if you have any other questions. I agree on the 50Q, I think it's the way to go.

Randy

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Its always just me and my dog. He eats raw diet so I need something that could handle my food and his which is sometimes the same thing. I think a 28qt. would be plenty. I may have to pull the trigger.

thehops

Observer
Why did you have to bring to my attention that Dometic is 20% off...you're killing me.
I may have to consider putting my ARB 50qt on the market in favor of the CFX 50W.

thehops

Observer
I haven't really dove in to the specs, but the main draws for me personally, are the lower profile, the wireless control (free app, ARB needs an addon piece of hardware), and the side opening lid instead of having to lift the lid from the front. The Dometic can also cool an extra 10 degrees or so, and it's dual zone.

Is that worth the extra $800 initial investment (minus whatever I sell the ARB for)? That's the real question for me haha.

harpersJK

Why did you have to bring to my attention that Dometic is 20% off...you're killing me.
I may have to consider putting my ARB 50qt on the market in favor of the CFX 50W.

You won't regret it, I love mine and the 20% off is a killer deal!

JEEP "Just Empty Every Pocket" LOL

thehops

Observer
You won't regret it, I love mine and the 20% off is a killer deal!

JEEP "Just Empty Every Pocket" LOL

True that. Even if the Jeep does eventually go, I'll carry over the fridge to my next rig anyway. That's what I did with the ARB.

I may be pulling the trigger by the end of the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles