Dometic Freezer issues

brookie0907

My cooler is 2.5 years old, not the newest version. It is a CFX DZ 75. One of the interior lights stopped working and the wifi app says the lid is open, but it is closed and latched. It is cooling and freezing fine. Based on the manual, I think it may need a light PCB, but I cannot find a way to order one. I emailed the main customer service address and the tech was not helpful. At first, he acted like he didn't understand my issue, but after I told him what I thought was wrong, he said, "The part number is 4450019969. We no longer have these in stock...and for me to check my local dealer. Well, I don't have a local dealer and if the mother ship cannot help me find the part, how would a dealer. Anyone out there have any parts sources? Thanks.

Scoutman

Explorer
Have you reached out to @Dometic on here? I'm not sure if that would be any more successful or not but since they are a supporting vendor and sponsor I would hope they could steer you in the right direction. I don't think you are alone when pointed to 'your local dealer' from Dometic customer service. I was trying to troubleshoot an issue I was having with our CFX35 and stumbled upon a number of posts (here and other forums) where they had gotten the same run-around. The local rv store that happens to sell Dometic products just doesn't seem to know anything about repairing these fridges.

brookie0907

I did DM Dometic on the forum. Thx
I wanted to follow up. Dometic did take care of me. It took a while and talking to several folks, but given what is going on in the world, it is understandable. Happy Dometic customer. I'll be purchasing other Dometic products.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I wanted to follow up. Dometic did take care of me. It took a while and talking to several folks, but given what is going on in the world, it is understandable. Happy Dometic customer. I'll be purchasing other Dometic products.

Thanks for the follow up and glad that the team eventually got you taken care of. Sorry that it didn't happen automatically but happy I was able to get it escalated through the team I work with to get it resolved.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz