Dometic DMC4101 10 C.f. Refrigerator

charlesrg

Anybody out there using a Dometic DMC4101 ?

I'm very curious if anyone got it to run on 24V DC. From the Dometic website the compressor seems to be an Wancool ACV35DC which is 24V DC capable.

This fridge besides being cheaper it's larger, features independent temperature control for fridge and freezer and even has auto-defrost.

charlesrg

I would not mind replacing the controller and the fans to be 24V and have it fully 24V.
Motor can be ordered straight from China.
I don't think it compares to a danfoss, but it's functionality seems to be great.

I'm yet to see a danfoss compressor fridge with independent Freezer/Fridge temperature control.

john61ct

Adventurer
Again, compressor really is a non issue, no point focusing on that.

There are dozens of portables out there where the unit as a whole is sold as 12/24V

Don't create more work and void the warranty, just buy one of those.

For fridge vs freezer, buy one - or two for max flexibility & redundancy - that can do either or, rather than both.

Engel, ARB and Indel-B are my reco's.

charlesrg

Again, compressor really is a non issue, no point focusing on that.

There are dozens of portables out there where the unit as a whole is sold as 12/24V

Don't create more work and void the warranty, just buy one of those.

For fridge vs freezer, buy one - or two for max flexibility & redundancy - that can do either or, rather than both.

Engel, ARB and Indel-B are my reco's.
Sorry, from the dozens out there I could not find one with fridge/freezer independent control and auto-defrost option. All that for $1300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles