Dometic CFX3 Recall info thread

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Has anyone got thru the return process yet who doesn't have the box any more? I have nothing to pack it up for shipping it back.

What a cluster...mine has been malfunctioning recently and I haven't seen anything in the mail about it.

@Steve321 - I wanted to check if you'd been able to connect with the recall team and they were able to get you taken care of? If not, give them a call at 888-9434905
or via email at recall@dometic.com. They should be able to address the box issue, shipping, etc.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Dometic

Steve - as I mentioned in my private message, I misspoke about the ability of the recall team to send out boxes. My apologies.

If you don't have the original boxing, just box it in something and protect it as best you can when returning it as part of the recall.

Again, my apologies in regard to boxing.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Seth_sd

Just wanted to follow up on returning the faulty units covered by the Dometic recall. After discovering that I couldn't get a box sent to return my unit, I decided to go down the retailer path.

There is no mention of returning it to your retailer. I took mine back to REI and in less time than I spent with the recall team on the phone, I had a credit back on my credit card. They asked me what was wrong with it and I told them the truth - It has a faulty electrical system and was recalled. No more questions asked.

If you were debating returning it and not wanting to deal with the headache of boxing it up, take it back to your retailer if you can and especially if its REI. For me, it was certainly better than keeping a unit that was faulty and recalled.

Wow. We just bought one of these CFX series coolers during Dometic’s Labor Day sale (found out about it on Expedition Portal). I had wondered why Dometic would be having a huge sale when they had zero inventory; I just assumed it was because they had an excellent product.

So, Dometic, I am confused. It seems that my unit is NOT one of the recalled ones, yet there isn’t any kind of warning sticker on the unit itself warning not to plug into both power sources at once. So did you actually “fix” anything from the recall units to the one I just purchased last month?

You see, we did an unboxing video and a YouTube subscriber brought this recall to my attention. I’ve been using the unit for weeks now in a fresh $30k van build, and I’m glad I didn’t burn it down. After being directed to this thread, I actually sat down and read through the instructions for the first time. Come to find out that they DO in fact say not to connect to both AC and DC power at the same time, but again, no warning sticker near the plug ports on the actual unit, and I would have never seen that warning in the instructions if someone hadn’t commented on our YouTube video.

I can’t really make the “decreased functionality” argument, however, add me to the list of people who thinks you aren’t taking care of this product liability issue very well...

Kstas91

Actually, Steve and I have been in touch multiple times over the last few weeks. I just wanted to provide a correction on boxing since he and I had spoken about it and it might be helpful for others. (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Any chance you can help me out?
Barb and the recall department stopped answering me after i sent in my recall form and pictures of serial numbers.
spent over an hour in “first position” with the recall department, no one ever answered.

Dometic

Hi,

Happy to get you some assistance. I'll private message you and get you connected.

Thanks!

- Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior