Dometic CF-80 plug help

oliverlove

Adventurer
Dplug.JPG

I recently bought a used CF-80 fridge. I am looking for a 90 deg plug to clear my Alu-cab fridge slide. The website shows a 90 deg plug that is facing the wrong direction for my fridge. I spoke with customer service on the phone and they told me I was wrong, that the the plug globally is the same.

oliverlove

Adventurer
I found this plug on google that is sold in Australia. (google image search CF-80 plug)
plug.JPG

This plug is orientated the correct way for my fridge. Any idea why this isn't sold here and why Dometic thinks I'm wrong?

Anyone able to help me out? I wonder if my fridge was put together incorrectly or is everyone having this same issue?

crossed-up

Observer
I'm not sure if all Domestics have the sockets oriented in the same direction, but my CDF 16 has it this way:
I0000tYEIUlom2Vo.jpg

With the plug the same as the first picture with the slot indexed in the direction of the lead:
I0000zYOP37kMS2o.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I found this plug on google that is sold in Australia. (google image search CF-80 plug)
View attachment 582113

This plug is orientated the correct way for my fridge. Any idea why this isn't sold here and why Dometic thinks I'm wrong?

Anyone able to help me out? I wonder if my fridge was put together incorrectly or is everyone having this same issue?
The first one you posted is the ARB Lead with the 2 Pin Plug behind the Cigar Plug, Dometic haven't been using that one very long.

Why not try the plug for the CDF-18, It is a straight plug, Just a thought but it might get you out of a jam.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior