Does it Exist? Newer AWD Tall-Wagon Van Thing You can Sleep In

Grassland

Where do you find an astro that doesn't have half a million clicks on it?
Also the old vortec is heavy on gas.

The shortest standard roof Transit (130" wheelbase) is reasonably sized. Going to be very expensive in AWD.

The Toyota Sienna doesn't have a spare tire because the AWD drivetrain goes through where the factory spare normally sits I thought.

Star Stuff

I'd also skip the factory LS and put something better in. Should be lots of choice for a Ford 9.75"

I ordered the Ford LS two weeks ago, and it has arrived and gets installed Monday, so that's that. Other options were a lot more cake.

With a 150 you have better choice in tires as you don't need the insane load rating the 250 and 350 have which limits us to stock tire size, or forces us to go up 2"+ in diameter and there is no way to recalibrate speedometer and odometer for larger tires.

I dunno, I had initially decided on the Falken Wildpeaks, but learned that even the 150 van requires Load range "E" tires (50 psi front / 70 psi rear), and the Wildpeaks are only load range "C" (50 psi max), so the only option was the KO2s.

Also chiming in to remind you I also pointed out the short wheelbase low roof Transit 150 back in April

Yes, and as previously said a few posts back, I had dismissed the Transits because I had it in my head that they were far too large, as I wasn't aware of the short wheelbase, low roof versions. I made the mistake of viewing all of the Transits as massive until I saw one in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne