Does anyone own an iKamper Aiok kitchen box?

3wipers

How do you like it?

Right now I have no cooking gear (all my friends have the essentials) but I'm going to start solo trips, etc... Figured it might make more sense to get this for simplicity / convenience.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I don't have one - in fact I didn't even know what it was, but I had to go to five different websites before I found someone who had the dimensions listed, and it wasn't the manufacturer who had it. The "manual" from the manufacturer is just for the burner. I find both those things altogether not inspiring.

For completeness, since I absolutely loathe manufacturers who don't include basic info like outside dimensions in their "specifications":

• What are the dimensions folded and boxed, and unfolded in use?
    When closed it's: 15.7" L x 16.9" W x 18.6" H

When Open it's: 63" L x 16.9" W x 18.6" H

Interesting idea, but it's very short. You're nearly sitting on the ground to use it, which might work for some folks, but wouldn't be my preference.

3wipers

I didn't even realize that... so weird why they wouldn't include dimensions. i saw one in person and thought the height was interesting - my initial reaction was yours, but I've been trying to keep an open mind.

thanks for hunting down dimensions.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I don’t own one, and never plan to, but my initial thought was that it looks like an extremely expensive rolling file box, like the kind attorneys take to court. You might start there (Office Depot?) to see if it even has a chance of working for you, with respect to size…. And that would be immediately returnable if you can’t fit your stuff inside.

Interesting, I had not seen these thanks. I will not have one. A couple of thoughts, I don't like metal plates or cups, they carry the food temperature away from the food. The steel cups burn lips, the plates are hot until sucks it from the food. I find in general things that multipurpose don't do any well. It's expensive. This is coming from a guy that cooks on a camp partner, LOL. What do you eat (Stove)? How big is your group (Plates and Cook gear)? What do you drive (Space)? Look a backpacking gear and lexan eating stuff. I use a tool roll to hold all the utensils, knives and kitchen stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior