Does anyone have a River Quiver with a RTT on their rig?

Hello Everyone,

I am start to want a RTT I think. My question is does anyone have photos of a River Quiver 2 Banger with a RTT on their vehicle?

Ideally I would open the RTT towards the read since my cross bars are biased aft and retain my River Quiver for my fly rods.
F5167E29-476C-4C63-8F1C-A8C26563E9AB.jpeg

The_Squid

Great question. You're going to need an RTT that sits quite high up off of the rack to fit both, from the looks of it.

I am sold on a fly rod holder like the one you have. I just went on a 2 week fly fishing trip and it would've been great to be able to keep the rods together while traveling between spots! Our RTT sits on a trailer, so how the holder sits on a rack isn't an issue.

Great question. You're going to need an RTT that sits quite high up off of the rack to fit both, from the looks of it.

I am sold on a fly rod holder like the one you have. I just went on a 2 week fly fishing trip and it would've been great to be able to keep the rods together while traveling between spots! Our RTT sits on a trailer, so how the holder sits on a rack isn't an issue.

I have only found this one photo that is a still from a River Smith marketing video showing both a RTT and River Quiver installed side by side. This is what I was hoping someone might have additional photos off. Ideally I’d have the River Quiver on one side, RTT mounted in the center opening aft and a RoadShower on the other side.
F2C63D61-2322-4EE9-8C9A-AC5BEA07D70F.jpeg

Roam.Wild

I have a RTT and the 2banger River Quiver. I tried every which way to make it work with my awning AND RTT, but alas, it doesn't.

Before I had the RTT it worked perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Considering how many rigs in Hawaii have a RTT mounted slightly offset to one side and a surfboard rack next to them, I’m sure you could make it work.

may first thought on seeming your picture though is to mount the rod holder under the cross bars and the tent on top. Custom bars may be needed.

The_Squid

I have a RTT and the 2banger River Quiver. I tried every which way to make it work with my awning AND RTT, but alas, it doesn't.

Before I had the RTT it worked perfectly.

It probably depends on which RTT and the length of the crossbars.

The poster should be able to find something that works.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
I remember seeing another bracket setup to run the holder to the side of the tent. I’ll post if I find it against.

Another option is some hardshells would let you run them on bars on top. These AluCabs are from IG for reference. Access by using the truck tailgate might make it easier but maybe a sturdy storage box could do double duty for your rig.

10338bfc130a1411a498cca62bf9d4f2.jpg

cbc3a0652818dbfd5771458c8acf22cb.jpg

*edit: found it- it’s Sherpa racks makes an offset mount for a 2 Banger and let’s you run a tent too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chaosinwest

This is my 11 foot River Quiver on top of the CVT Mount Hood. It is very high but my River Quiver is the long one for my Euro Rods. It is also a Four Banger. I am considering a new setup including a GFC Camper but I have not seen a good solution for 11 foot rods on GFC or on any truck right now. So, working with some engineering friends to try to find a solution. I am a guide and actually need more than one River Quiver.

Attachments

• PXL_20220929_003455057.jpg
    PXL_20220929_003455057.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20220929_003630436.jpg
    PXL_20220929_003630436.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

UPWolf

I'm debating on attaching mine on an awning mount (opposite of my actual awning) to the side of my Ovrlnd Camper... I found it to be annoying having my river quiver on the roof of my old Topo topper. I couldn't reach my rods then when I had camp already set up.. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone mounted a river quiver on its side?

pnwflygirl

Getting there, will soon. Running a Xtrusion XTR1 with a soft topper will eventually have a Roam Vagabond XL on drivers side and using Xtrusions awning kit a OVS 270 awning on passenger side offset just enough to swing behind rod vaults. Rod vaults are a river quiver euro 4 banger with a standard 2 banger inverted and stacked on top; bot mounted with lp t-track kits. This is the 2nd rack had to have xtrusion add extra height to clear the cab and length so it is closer to corner pockets as was causing indents on bed rail molding.

Attachments

• 20240225_194703.jpg
    20240225_194703.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240225_194739.jpg
    20240225_194739.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles