Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

Healeyjet

Explorer
Here is a better photo that Annie took of the sofa area. To the left is three drawers and above is a pullout "pantry". I can't wait for yo all to see the camper as the cabinets are VERY well built and very strong.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
MK216v, here is another photo of the kick. The camper is 8' wide so about 1' would be taken up by a removable cabinet on the driver's side then the "fishing pole" storage across the front lower corner. We will see how things go and whether we have any need for these two cabinets.

I think a bed up there would be awesome, and would be simple to do; have a fold-down platform that stows up against the wall(platform looks like it'd have to be hinged in the middle as you don't have enough height on the cabover to allow the needed depth of the bed platform). Use the L/R side areas as storage(maybe some small L-track on the side walls and some on the platform bottom), then if you need the bed, it's no longer storage and instead it's an impromptu bed.
PS--how long is the rig overall?
Did they have to rigidize the Dodge cabback due to the new walk-thru?

-Jeremy

Healeyjet

Explorer
Here is a better photo of the bedroom area. One error we made can be seen in this photo. When asked if we wanted wired in speakers on the inside of the camper we said sure. Even though we could easily use a small Bluetooth speaker for as much music as we listen to we had the speakers installed. As well as music the televisions will be played through these speakers. The error came in that built in aluminum housings to protect the speakers took up fairly valuable storage space in the over bed and over sofa cabinets. Oh well, if that is the only error we made I will be awfully surprised!

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Jeremy, overall length of the rig has to be right around 30'. I will pull a tape on it and add it in when I find out. As far as bracing yes some additional strengthening to the ceiling area of the cab was done.

Hobietim, thanks for the props on the snorkel. Annie wasn't as impressed with the raised air intake but I told her the Cummins really likes cooler clean air so it looks like I am good for now.

Ward

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
Quite possibly the best build on expo in a long time. This isn't an earthroamer... it is better! I love the look of this way more. And it's one of a kind. Awesome!

Tandem160

Hi. What brand and size of inverter are you using? Very nice build. I'm trying to keep track of your components your choices are spot on. For fun, I played on Blue Seas web site and designed my own panel. I think I ended up with two circuit breakers and 15 gauges to monitor them..ha. Lotta fun though.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks Tandem!

Our inverter is a Samlex Evo 3012. It is a 3000 Watt.

I tend to get "lost" for hours in sites like Blue Sea, LOL.

Ward

Last edited:

matloik

Let me just say Annie and I are sure glad we started this project when we did!

Had a great visit to ITB on Friday and are pleased with the progress being made. It looks like we are about three weeks away from ITB being done their portion of the build.

Here are a few progress pics. Any questions fire away.

Here's a question: For how much can I buy this beauty from you when it's done? :smiley_drive:

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks for the compliment Matloik! It should not be for sale for the near future. We hope to get a few years of use from it before we think about anything like that.

:safari-rig:

Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior