Doc's AT FlipPac Build Thread

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Thanks for the link Doc. I'm having the same paint wear issue on the tailgate from the FP rear hatch as well.

Both of my previous shells, a Gemtop and a SnugTop did the same so I ran gray colored Line-X over the edge of the tailgate to prevent that from happening with my ATF. Works like a champ!

Attachments

• DSC_0226.JPG
    DSC_0226.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 303

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Camper Upgrades

Today I upgraded the battery in my National Luna Power Pack from my old OEM Toyota battery to the Odyssey PC1700 MJT.
I also started fitment of my Viair 400C air system back there in the FlipPac, more on that install later. As you can see, air and power are pretty much a non-issue now ;)

Here is a pic from today:

2.jpg

The ARB X-Jack and my big medical kit have a nice home along the wall of the FlipPac, and I moved the Engel display closer to the fridge and added a magnetic strip from Ikea that can hold various kitchen bits
100_3028.jpg

Note the magnet below the bottle opener to catch bottle caps and the cup from Ikea that serves as catch all in camp as well as a cup holder. Also added the RV level to make spotting and leveling the camper easier.
100_3027.jpg

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Next up on the shopping list are a set of Level Up leveling blocks from Fiamma, most times I find that I need a little adjustment when setting up camp.

http://www.fiammausa.com/products/accessories.asp?Fam=A6

Lots of other cool accesories from Fiamma and Thule that could be applicable to the FlipPac as well.

http://thule.com/en/SI/Products/RV Accessories/Cargo Management.aspx

Neat leveling block..it looks like one could make a set or 2 from some 1x4 or
2x6 's

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Neat leveling block..it looks like one could make a set or 2 from some 1x4 or
2x6 's

True, but then you have the additional weight of the wood and the degradation of the wood with the resultant splintering. It will be interesting as to how well the plastics hold up to the elements. Whether they become brittle or not.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
A few improvements...

Finished out the "utility compartment" inside the FP, note the toolbox tray and divider keeping the electric and air apart from the commode. This was a safety concern for me as I wanted things kept apart and not sliding around.

100_3251.jpg

Lightweight divider wall with air holes and 1.5 inch lift for the commode that doubles as a shower deck in camp.

100_3252.jpg

Completed utilities compartment (for now) with National Luna Power Pack, Blue Seas 6 circuit fuse block powering the LED camper lighting and Viair 400C air compressor. Compressor has a remote switch at the drivers door kick panel and is plumbed to the rear bumper for no-fuss air use.

100_3253.jpg

Exterior air quick connect, armored and protected from mischief when the swingout is closed ;)

100_3258.jpg

Added a hefty magnet to catch those pesky bottle caps in camp.

100_3256.jpg

One of the reasons for the whole build - Savannah the Happy Camper!!!

100_3246.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94