Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
If your looking for a fire extinguisher I highly recommend - H3R Performance - HG250R - Red Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher, I've had to use it a couple time on the trails with other truck and it work very well and doesn't destroy the electrics in trucks and no mess with dry chemical.

PS - keep up the killer work Dave!

Is it ABC? Got a link? :coffee:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Storage, NL dual battery and chains.

Very cool interior set up.

I am VERY happy with the full control and visual monitoring of the dual battery setup that it provides. It's nice to see what the alternator is doing too :ylsmoke:

I've been using a similar set up for 3 months now and it's a beautiful display and control unit. I've only a few gripes now compared to the Sure Power units but they are really a thing of preferance vs problems:
1-I prefer the auto connect at 13.2V vs. wait 5 minutes.
2-The 131X-200 units can handle 200A continuous and 600A surges while the NL can only handle 85A continuous and 400A peak. I perfer to go overkill when it comes to electricals. In practice you should never see that many amps between your two batteries because you'll have other issues on your hands at that point...

As for chains, I've used a set of RUD Grip 4x4 on a 255/85R16. I can't recall what the chains P/N was though... You had to make sure they were on nice and snug and move at a slower pace. Most Tacomas with moderate lift and no triming don't have excessive clearance to run a 33" tire with chains anyhow.

Keep up the good work. :wings:
Cheers,
P

4x4Fink

Dave,

Your truck is truly an inspiration to me - I have been following your build-up since day one and I am just now posting up.

I've been a mod on YotaTech for several years now and have seen build-ups come and go and never go anywhere.
I can easily say this is the best build-up thread that I have seen in the 6+ years I've been a member of the Toyota forums.

I have a 2007 DC Tacoma TRD Sport, you can check it out here.
It just rolled over 40k so she's not even broken in yet.

My goals are to turn it into a daily-driver/expedition-ready rig.
Next up is window tint and adding the little things to the interior such as Maglite, fire extinguisher, etc...

Just wanted to post up and say that from one Toyota enthusiast to another, I am speechlessly impressed.

Keep up the good work, you and your truck are an inspiration to all of us!
...with that said forgive all of the newb questions I'm sure I will be asking you soon...

Fink

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Dave,

Your truck is truly an inspiration to me - I have been following your build-up since day one and I am just now posting up.

I've been a mod on YotaTech for several years now and have seen build-ups come and go and never go anywhere.
I can easily say this is the best build-up thread that I have seen in the 6+ years I've been a member of the Toyota forums.

I have a 2007 DC Tacoma TRD Sport, you can check it out here.
It just rolled over 40k so she's not even broken in yet.

My goals are to turn it into a daily-driver/expedition-ready rig.
Next up is window tint and adding the little things to the interior such as Maglite, fire extinguisher, etc...

Just wanted to post up and say that from one Toyota enthusiast to another, I am speechlessly impressed.

Keep up the good work, you and your truck are an inspiration to all of us!
...with that said forgive all of the newb questions I'm sure I will be asking you soon...

Fink

Welcome to ExPo Fink!

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I was on YT and TS first, but fell into a major rabbit hole here and that was that :snorkel:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Stay tuned for some future magazine coverage! :victory:

I cant say more than that, but I'm very excited to have been contacted for this opportunity.

mr.trd

Adventurer
Congrats Dave! I know you can't say more, but can we guess?

Is it the greatest 4wd Toyota Owner magazine out there? LOL

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
200,000 Views!!!

Holy Moley!

I just noticed that my thread has nearly 200,000 views since I started building the truck in 2005... 199,977 as of this post! :Wow1:

:coffeedrink:

heeltoe989

Explorer
Holy Moley!

I just noticed that my thread has nearly 200,000 views since I started building the truck in 2005... 199,977 as of this post! :Wow1:

:coffeedrink:

well you have paved the way for a lot of people, including myself when I started in 2006. Keep it up, rock star!:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles