Do you know a good landrover 109 builder in Westcoast

Bardya

Hey Everyone

We have made the decision to build our overland vehicle. After many discussions I have decided I want something with character instead of the typical Toyota etc. I am looking to build a "updated 109", something with a modern engine, a retro-mod. That being said, a little about myself: I am not skilled in the mechanical arts.
Seriously, I cannot fix a rig/truck beyond fixing a flat tire or changing the oil. I would like the name of a good shop that can retro-mod a 109 preferably in northern California.
I have a respectable budget between $40K to $60K, but for that I want a 109 that will be happy on American freeways and off-road loaded with a lot of equipment.
Any recommendations??

jethro5

Scully off road in the Sacramento area has built a few for friends and is doing some really cool builds currently.

He's on Instagram and I can put you guys in contact too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardya

Scully off road in the Sacramento area has built a few for friends and is doing some really cool builds currently.

He's on Instagram and I can put you guys in contact too.

That would be great, I haven't heard of him so would love to connect with him if you could put me in contact with him. I did find a scullyoffroad.com in Fairfield, but didn't know if that was him. If so let me know and I will call them. Their website didn't say anything about building rigs.

Swedjen

Not in Fairfield, Fair Oaks. Just off I-50 near Folsom, below Lake Natoma/Nimbus Dam/fish hatchery. take the Hazel Ave. exit. Bob's your uncle.

Swedjen

Timm Cooper, if he's still building Rovers, would be an excellent choice. Some folks on defendersource.com have contact info. He might be up around Portland though.

jethro5

Timm Cooper, if he's still building Rovers, would be an excellent choice. Some folks on defendersource.com have contact info. He might be up around Portland though.

He does build amazing things... last time I ran into him he was starting a project for new chassis to sell.

Like to build a 109 with his specs for the Rubicon.

zelatore

Explorer
Cooper is excellent, but can be hard to locate. I haven't seen him around in some time but still drool over his 109 on 40s. #want

Tim Scully though I think is your man. He does a lot of Defender/Series truck builds, plus he just moved into a new bigger facility so he'll need the work to fill it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles