Do you feel the need to have a weapon when camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynnrb

Observer
Assuming the goal of the bad guys is to keep you from camping.

I do not understand why my statement seem so provocative. It does not mean I don't carry a gun, it doesn't stop me from camping. It is just a exercise prudent judgment. The effect of this is for me to find spots as far away from civilization as I can.

Last edited:

MOguy

Explorer
Just like insurance, the added protection of being able to protect yourself is nice. I have extra insurance because I have allot to loose. I carry other protection because I have allot to loose. When I was young and single I also used added protection so I would have things that required my protection or to not get stuck things that could hurt me.

I have had jobs where I needed to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) to protect myself.

Protection is a good thing, don't leave home without it.

Last edited:

Lynnrb

Observer
Just like insurance, the added protection of being able to protect yourself is nice. I have extra insurance because I have allot to loose. I carry other protection because I have allot to use. When I was young and single I also used added protection so I would have things that required my protection or to not get stuck things that could hurt me.

I have had jobs where I needed to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) to protect myself.

Protection is a good thing, don't leave home without it.

Insurance does not stop one from getting hurt, attacked, bitten, lost or misunderstood.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
If I were going some where I thought I might need a gun, well I just would not go there.

That's the dilemma for a lot of people. You never know when, hence the boy scout motto. I get it a personal decision you don't want to carry a gun. No problem.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Do you feel the need to have a weapon when camping?
Generally... yes. If I'm with a group I probably won't have it on me when at camp (it will be in the Jeep). But I want at least to have it available close-by. Will probably have both a handgun and a rifle within easy reach at least inside the vehicle. You never know what or who might show up at camp uninvited. Also depends if you're in the middle-of-nowhere camping vs. camping at a KOA campground (I've done both).
If I'm going hiking with my wife and daughter - I'll definitely be carrying something concealed (probably an XDs 45 cal). And there's a good chance my wife (and possibly daughter) will be carrying something too.
If I'm out Jeeping with a group just for the day... most likely not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior