Do I really NEED a 7.3L E350?

Found a 7.3 RB cargo van for a good price. Seems pretty clean. Only issue is that it has 214k miles. Guy says it was "meticulously maintained". Messaged him for records. Would the mileage be a no go for you all?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
It comes down to price asked. Mine has close to 250k miles.

They're said to go for 500k miles without any major work, and many have 1000k miles on them. I'd buy one with 214k in a heartbeat for the right price.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I once bought a E350 7.3 with 750,000...
And drove perfect !
It's all about the price.

89s rule

Adventurer
$6200 and everything else looks good. Couple dings and interior floor is rough but that is no problem.

This one? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/5098764596.html
Seems high $ to me but I'm thrifty and very patient. It does look rust free which I personally would pay extra for. If he has maint records and it runs flawless its worth considering if you have the $. Mine has 400K+ and it needed some work but for the $ and it being rust free I felt like it was a good base. If your open to EB or RB that opens up your options considerably.

This one? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/5098764596.html
Seems high $ to me but I'm thrifty and very patient. It does look rust free which I personally would pay extra for. If he has maint records and it runs flawless its worth considering if you have the $. Mine has 400K+ and it needed some work but for the $ and it being rust free I felt like it was a good base. If your open to EB or RB that opens up your options considerably.

Yep, that's it. Was trying to keep it quiet to keep the lurkers away. May be all for not though. Got the money all ready to go and take a look at it but lost my co driver to drive my truck back at the last minute. Yay!!!

Preferred the EB but after multiple layouts in a mocked up RB outline in the floor I I figured I could get by with it.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Oh that van.
No cruise control, no power windows, no power door locks, probably no tilt steering... I would aim for a lower price.

I got him to as low as $5500. I am not going to able to get over there and look at until sometime next week now. Maybe that's a good thing? Give me time to change my mind.

ert01

Adventurer
Cruise control is easy and pretty cheap to add to almost any vehicle these days.

Power windows and locks are nice but I've never considered them a necessity.

Did you end up with a van yet?

Well, no......

I had found one that I was going to pick up the next day but my ride backed out. Got very frustrated but started doing a lot more thinking and talking to the folks and decided to keep my Tacoma. If I could buy a van and keep the truck then I would but that is not in my budget.

So for now my 4-6 month trip will be in a truck with a RTT over a van.

Hopefully I can buy a van in a couple years and leave it 2wd. Then I can have my truck for deep exploring and a van for comfort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94