DMSKI's 2006 Xterra

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Looks like an awesome trip! I really enjoyed the Wenatchee area when I was there last year for NWOR. I wish I could make it back for this year.

Dmski

Adventurer
Thanks Wreck! Wenatchee is becoming a new favorite area to explore. Shuttling the downhill bikes up chumstick mountain would be a hoot I imagine as well. Or if you had quads or a dirt bike the area is prime for riding.

Dmski

Adventurer
And Bumper is officially Installed. Simply square tube and flat plate and a little welding and I used the main brackets from shrockworks (called them up and they sent them right out, super nice guys):
Bzw6dhMTyZrhjag0KXLC4Dss_1mPMaEW9ymAaex-Urj3MuGtzj3IBDGKapkTfvZqN6OJWvhAkFBVOLnKi6wgKSQHoJj4Hizgakf6BYh4QUE6cFM0iLrwDMByp85btDoxC72t7F8Z4g=w2400

zu_0qBjJVXulFP2ZTHGn-ikvZEdnMQ0Zc-UixQJCBlrQj3yXC8mNI1XYgeh3PpSEiofXCApW75VxlZA68KpLgsMSSAiad3nci2JCQO41gxu223NMIhB6y1EBJwqO2yCBR-OFvV3p5w=w2400

It came out pretty darn good for being a frontier bumper. With a simple bracket setup, frontier bumpers fit Xterras pretty nicely. Props to shrock for sending me the frame mounts. It cut a lot of the fab time out of the equation. My welding is garbage but I had a welder friend check over it and we are good to winch.

Last edited:

jhberria

Adventurer
Looks great man, I'm glad the bumper ended up working out for you.

That Wenatchee trip also looks like a blast. I want to make it up to that area to do Douglas Creek sometime soon.

jhberria

Adventurer
Question: what do you think of the Douglas Creek trail? I know you said off road-wise it's not what you expected, but as far as scenery, fun, camping? Talking with the other NWXC guys that were on the Tillamook run, we were looking for a novel idea for a June club run. I was considering proposing Douglas.

Dmski

Adventurer
Question: what do you think of the Douglas Creek trail? I know you said off road-wise it's not what you expected, but as far as scenery, fun, camping? Talking with the other NWXC guys that were on the Tillamook run, we were looking for a novel idea for a June club run. I was considering proposing Douglas.

I think Douglas creek is best kept for winter when there is snow on the trails. It would make it much more interesting. The way it is now, you would literally drive through it in less than an hour. It does have some unique scenery, but for the drive out there, I'd pass. If you want a camping/scenery trip I'd recommend the durr road. It also goes into the Manastash ridge area and by then all those wheeling trails (including Natches Pass) will be open. I'd also look into the Leavenworth/Wenatchee area where we explored a little a few weekends ago. Many trails and beautiful mountain scenery. Depends on what you are looking for but that's what I'd recommend.

Dmski

Adventurer
Aux lighting now installed. All cheap amazon LED lights but they have been on for a few weeks and no issues! These are mainly for trail use. The little pods were wired into the existing fog light harness by using the same connector ends (no splicing needed). Came out really nicely and they work off of the fog light stalk switch. The LED bar is for offroad only. I managed to hang it off of simple piece of 1/4" flatstock. Nothing too crazy but I didn't want it sticking out anywhere. It is wired to a relay and switch from OTRATTW. Should be done with lighting! Although we all say that...

Last edited:

Dmski

Adventurer
Thanks Stioc, much appreciated! Its right where I want it to be. All I need is to fab up a radiator skid and it'll be money.

Spent the day at Tahuya breaking in everyone's upgrades. Photo credit was a colaboration by the gf, myself and our buddy in the LC.
Q4stZMM.jpg

rPGDMIL.jpg

liVbyRs.jpg

aDlXw26.jpg

rxXZUkW.jpg

fGo5HOf.jpg

U4rgYn7.jpg

usSfyeD.jpg

byyU2fO.jpg

MBF6aC2.jpg

oVTkhpF.jpg

Last edited:

Dmski

Adventurer
Not 4x4 related or Nissan related but fitting for the EXPO crowd; I had the pleasure of taking a vacation down to Ecuador with two friends. We met up with Sylvan and Court down at Freedom Bike Rentals and began our week long motorcycle adventure touring the Ecuadorian countryside. What a trip! We did the offroad tour and it was an absolute blast. 4 days offroad in one of the most beautiful places. We enjoyed vistas from 13,000 feet down to the jungles at sea level. My poor DR200 took an absolute beating but took every minute of it. Starting out with a blown rear shock didn't do me any favors, but I was impressed by the bike regardless. Here is some eye candy for you all.

Quito:
EG03_gqEWWpjKTrb_W-Tdw5j9zbkymGc11jY_ZJGWPk6CIP8bUmhpStShgnHOFCzDFZOJ5S5TRZwfCmcu4czqoByrb6bOJ7ivOUa11rHv3g3gjrBAqUNU147mAJ00gEGMSfx0FTRPg=w2400

yOTC6CuFkjH3v9I6S1E0hekC2PwP_CUvLfLp9wPzB1HlDVWaHMQ1d1clPqiJE7B4rbTzt-tVLEcvK1ru7xWW-wgpDadaq_40kGFRqQNzw3ggjZHmClTlL0fSi2cSc3L9soB1bHnOTw=w2400

g0k9jy0c8FN6Ru0r87AOX56jpl1u8K4nwD-UGy8oDXRRXnI25iJhGblNXADn2yZkZ0yWaoXJBQJzajSBOOCi0FtesKtYkRoAOlwna20Bl89s7wQ9vZcMveYIn_JlVXrvARr9anfWAA=w2400

Ecuador likes their 4x4's!
a9B7lfO86h2PF-njGlt8LAvY74uyIiC7BMjQ2Fjsk9r5j4q7vADdJlCcQXXr4gBSOs0RKmM8HVtM_16GukyfmFZdaCBZUNHRvuuiBvunnTnxMZie3Rer5-1O4HgWbKMrhEVoOO3rpg=w2400

ARMRRSFEdjw6cZFXwjTvHCGx2sR99uH0Aeo4KRZ9q4dTkYdmBzZs7l0rfpwuydj-97XBfC1R_6pbIE8ASVp121MLjzuzOyzGx5tGj4VjMeJDIZXpiMyLe-RqC_9n8JdZAcQ_sdwZjw=w2400

Freedom Bike Rental:
jkqIHDIlR6LBXPC7MSQ2QS29yr1UNGQBJEAUwMgOt9uCAccFt2xdOc_H0N75tgbC6PJ9JvJRGaMgbtYyO5UPg5EzlqAM2EyCeFCIPUk2N6bwUmC97t-iwMUfI9Hw-v0qlhbkdG6TfQ=w2400

On the road!
K1rWNC9hzCpGGoG-YmHBSXTJyijay8oKvRBMQJx7NKATJeHOwBV1ta6cn8dVe0qFRrFOiOIYfhhFOctW-Mvm8mgGkEr8Ffb6BrnJMV4d_cvg3hMy0vkkLspadymy_Jwnla7oJiQCTg=w2400

Romsu0GGVXrOrmbLfIznAsQVlvDwoaSzMwwUtDzkA6u2C1U6Eg94Nh8rI5cRuiImtRKos5-5jJcBNMT80tehdFsuOEsFvrl2E8t9Kldizxz7BGvdPdSiBbEl8RpbYjI5HRvQfNoFHg=w2400

N8dJG-7Yfw7zMeRUAEyUrjshEBchPY_1YaQJCGtc_rdgBiS_jOynGnfl2NTVTDk4tq3Y9UoBK4Sc-iD2IbXwNvojSVTYUAHz1ZbygzA-f0VIPbdEXrJwkbXy0r2Qn73BAFCf3W2wmA=w2400

1c_DPJNRkoa4etdb1yfphrz4Zl5_yPCs0vPcQt330bGxyYuWPDEqvdn_wcHpOgssW7mCr4Piph_37-3e_lytZhoNRmeNzDauV3Pzbb0sRM6siMkWtIqrqPgKMxYyWvSmK1pxEbTfig=w2400

M8XlFaOobKHknlFZPz4acb4-m9mSHBX_EVLACdEBWFj1GCmHCq3F2FuBN4U9dO4tQvr6_ZO7540jE63Zio0ea1t4CsCDlFlsg0mjMvOFLepgk7pVP1PNxFwQGdski0hnWuetmcLxwg=w2400

iwk3jMOjty0XxX3aAAB7NAfDflejQOZXsPs0HlglypQJeQL7swDYN8-rDEtu0nKqZKV5Zl8IrFtKS-tnlthDcl999xBBcHK1wknKtNgjwUQatXJEipSAwnT0TgsIvHYKb_Te-T0q3Q=w2400

vNiQSPXoI0-cQ-w_Bla-YFcsNtYmKnCELe4N1z0831XlH9z19we5ajyTzSIm0lli9id-xkpxIEwiqHChEiNkFwkC86xNaJLzB3IeaQGGudefmn-nNohiWshQXBhBUsEwwwDCU2Av6g=w2400

vd4VA4nxilrONj_C75fG_ZYrH5fqdoto1TaLyo5MoGqQNM0yVpZJktlm6bsUja-4RBFlTpKDrkkIbZjgX5VcJTnI-Ac-Of-nEJaN0zwuHR5NH62JYB5pk-U71c1nhXaW-PVuyqS77Q=w2400

JsoU35tERu6fio7UvlG1wILeW_kpIZhlConsA4F6PdJhWTfvwP9uMULc9PwgFMdBrJNcyWIpPCRbkdI0RRCYaqa59D-9mBT11NNIuTxJ0g6ozUUxm4j9S9fl-q9ksFhCKATcR_1_Zg=w2400

Hitting 13,000Feet at points
rY5hT-LUffC0aersrq_SOohaIJCPcrp6MauRlZ8zFmMMd0nI4pEXQ5npjvKo_s0_6N0K-TFxd_nLCdYCYy4Gr-pelimE1DEU2qvxZPyVWJSmk8Y2K02HgxorLs3KBX-GvnyCiu5ZUQ=w2400

Watching out for fesh fesh was tough when surrounded by this beautiful scenery
eaG0s8fbc0AF-1cFrvCiAIzayoJ6RWByBzMsjjTLRXhJEJJtoGaB12sZ36Ic9Aj4BR5SdN8cJGhVusIK0aw4EbndZ39xlf2XNs070zWnaq73X_Ui9wdZSOHEYX8YXfLqavLpZwiSHA=w2400

A wonderful experience, albeit exhausting. I would recommend it to anyone that loves exploring! The people were friendly and our only run in with the law was due to our license plates being restricted on a certain day for maintaining pollution (where upon we had to pay to get our bikes out of impound to continue on to the equator).

Last edited:

Dmski

Adventurer
Been a while since I've updated this thread. Usually on thenewx.

It has been a while since I've last logged in here, but thought I'd update on the truck and recent adventures. As she sits, I've basically done nothing to it except spent two days doing a much needed wiring cleanup using a blue sea fuse box and a load of zipties. Things are much tidier now and easier to trouble shoot. I am a huge fan of the blue sea fuse box and it will always be something I incorporate into my wiring in the future, even if I'm doing just a set of lights. I also added a voltmeter, cigarette plug and dual USB chargers to my interior setup which I've setup on a relay and switch to be powered when the rig is on or off.
Recently I was able to get the electrical all buttoned up. The cleanup included a blue sea fuse box and a load of zipties. Things are much tidier now and easier to trouble shoot. I am a huge fan of the blue sea fuse box and it will always be something I incorporate into my wiring in the future, even if I'm doing just a set of lights. I also added a voltmeter, cigarette plug and dual USB chargers to my interior setup which I've setup on a relay and switch to be powered when the rig is on or off.

I've recently done an offroad trip to Tahuya again. What a soupy mess:

spIq59i.jpg

03ovtP8.jpg

UGX7wGd.jpg

Beach camping to the Washington coast! The truck did awesome as usual. I was surprised how many vehicles we had to help get dug out of the sand. We watched numerous people get stuck.
YNmUC95.jpg

Y3Lx5xb.jpg

C5be0RB.jpg

S3H7ncf.jpg

NXDtk4d.jpg

And our most recent trip was up to Gallagher Lake. We explored a few of the side trails and enjoyed spending the night at the lake.
dWg0pPk.jpg

Last edited:

Dmski

Adventurer
This past weekend went wheeling with the crew. Sadly, it is the first time I have come back without just pinstriping.
zzcmjhw.jpg

But otherwise the trip was enjoyable. We were playing exploring near naches and attempting to get to funny rocks. The rain made everything slicker than snot and it finally caught up to me when I made a terrible line choice going down a section of trail... Slid into the rocks and that was that. After washing the rig it really isn't that bad, but I think instead of touch up paint I'm just going to tape below the plastic trim line and bedline the lower part of the truck. Sliders saved my rocker panels and doors though! Bummed because it was the right side which leads me to showing what has happened to my left side.

More wheeling in the rain:
x1R4wes.jpg

2xbQjOC.jpg

bAV6jgY.jpg

Camp spot for the night. This was found on accident and in the morning we woke up to this beautiful view.
heHX9yD.jpg

C2bRoOY.jpg

iWR8yVL.jpg

Second day of wheeling:
lgsUj7H.jpg

23MV9In.jpg

WBiMM4c.jpg

aUbdlPQ.jpg

Zu4f7ei.jpg

Last edited:

Dmski

Adventurer
Opted to cover up the dent by bedlining the lower portion of my rig. This also helps with the rock chip battle that I was losing. It came out really well using the rustoleum spray bedliner! Sanded down the lower section to let the paint catch and sprayed a can per side roughly. Also taped just inside the door seam so it has a nice clean cut off line and looks professional!
oZwfgYu.jpg

DP7QdLL.jpg

UrFTPWh.jpg

And wheels are finally bedlined! Better!

ktYSsue.jpg

This is the Navara snorkel that I massaged to fit. It works but it needs some finessing still and is by no means perfect. Would I recommend this to others? Probably not. But for the price and an interesting project I tried to make it work. In the end I'd rather have a fitted snorkel or spend the time to tig weld up my own like some of the Ausie guys run.
G72zqn8.jpg

R8lfOaD.jpg

Do9abfG.jpg

Finished product:
cZL0a8U.jpg

Last edited:

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Snorkel doesn't look bad though man, the ingenuity is awesome. I like that it is more full bodied on the fender than my Airflow, it looks almost awkwardly small on the fender to me sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles