DIY RTT mounting hardware?

RangeDrive

Observer
I have a Tepui tent that I bought used and it’s missing the mounting hardware. I was considering making my own, and most of it is simple enough except the metal sliders that go in the tent rails to retain the bolt. Does anyone know of anything that will work? I can’t order new ones yet because they are sold out, and we’d like to stay in it this weekend if I can make something work. Maybe a certain size T bolt?

Attachments

• 54E6CE2B-450C-4738-8DB4-4BEB48D64D5F.jpeg
    54E6CE2B-450C-4738-8DB4-4BEB48D64D5F.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 23

Chad D.

Those look identical to the ones that came in the CVT I bought yesterday. Might call them to see if they’re the same and see if they’ll sell you some of theirs to get you going.

You’d need to take some measurements I bet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangeDrive

Observer
This is actually a good idea, I’m sure I could use that metal electrical bars with the oval holes in it, not sure what it’s called but it’s beefy and can be found in any hardware electrical department

NatersXJ6

Explorer
That is Unistrut... various names depending on which color store you buy it from.

I have had various Tepui tents mounted on Unistrut on my Gobi rack for more than 4 years now. I’ve had to occasionally tighten the nuts... maybe every 9-10 months. Use loctite.

As a hint, use the strut nuts that come with the plastic cones instead of the springs... they stay located much better, allowing easier bolt down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles