emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
7268713d86412dd56d0b331e2c96d869.jpg

780f83186eec83cf3a599a1192a19813.jpg

Oh and I do
96f507c9a9daf699ccb9944768f13155.jpg

und the perfect place to mount version two

I’m going to retro fit her with the mesh and the brick and the new legs

I didn’t like that when I wanted to move the pit all the legs would fold out and fall down :(

Maybe it was just me but ehh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trae

Adventurer
You folks have inspired me to build my own. I have to add the stainless mesh still and maybe extend the burner. I never figured out how to bend the 3/8" copper pipe, but it is coming together.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I have to admit I loathed to put the air mixer on, couldn’t find a 3/8” version anywhere. If you know of one pls let me know. It really adds to the length of the “tail” the brass pieces that I use to go from the hose to the 3/8 compression which turns into a single stick 3/8” copper burner. The .50 has enough room to make a oval but the .30 does not.

The stainless mesh is a ********** to rivet. I bleed every time lol

Fire bricks are legit really helps throw the heat I think.

I’m planning to retrofit the .50 tomorrow if I’m able :)

jeepers29

I have to admit I loathed to put the air mixer on, couldn’t find a 3/8” version anywhere. If you know of one pls let me know. It really adds to the length of the “tail” the brass pieces that I use to go from the hose to the 3/8 compression which turns into a single stick 3/8” copper burner. The .50 has enough room to make a oval but the .30 does not.

The stainless mesh is a ********** to rivet. I bleed every time lol

Fire bricks are legit really helps throw the heat I think.

I’m planning to retrofit the .50 tomorrow if I’m able :)

Is that riv nuts that you screw the legs into? Pretty slick set up.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Is that riv nuts that you screw the legs into? Pretty slick set up.

Yes thank you, little experimentation as well, it’s easy to change the angle of the rub it as your setting it and I’m trying to think of a way to make them a little more spraddle legged.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Retrofit update, getting better at not drawing blood handling cutting and installing the stainless mesh! The second mixer went onto the .50 can and I made a new burner out of 3/8” copper tube. BUT! The orifices I drilled for the copper burner may be to small as the gas backed up or something and came out of the mixers drilled ports?! I need a better idea of how big to drill holes for the burner. I’m winging it and grabbing any old size bit that looks small enough. I’m going to rip it apart and try again tomorrow. Also going to add a second “cage” of larger galvanized screen crap from the house despot to try and hold the fire bricks in place.

Trials continue!

Last edited:

Ralph_Fonz

7268713d86412dd56d0b331e2c96d869.jpg

780f83186eec83cf3a599a1192a19813.jpg

Oh and I do
96f507c9a9daf699ccb9944768f13155.jpg

und the perfect place to mount version two

I’m going to retro fit her with the mesh and the brick and the new legs

I didn’t like that when I wanted to move the pit all the legs would fold out and fall down :(

Maybe it was just me but ehh

Great idea. I'm impressed. I will make on for my box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles