DIY Molle panels

mm58

Observer
Wanting to affix a couple of molle panels to the inside walls of my truck. Nothing I've seen so far has the right dimensions or attachment options that I'm looking for.

So, thinking of sewing up a custom made one to suit my needs exactly.

Before I go buy a bunch of webbing and fabric, has anyone done this that can give me any pointers or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

mm58

Observer
That's really cool and they look great. Can you elaborate on "how" you made them? What was the method, tools needed, and what is the material? What was the method or mechanism of attachment?

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited:

DailyExpedition

Yea it was difficult to do, looking back I would have done it differently. The plastic is 1/4 HDPE. Tools used was a Dewalt router with flush cut insert and upcut spiral bit clamps and lots of patience. The reason I said I would do it differently is creating the square holes was a major pita. I think I tried to make six or seven templates out of 1/4in plywood. The next time I’ll just buy a smaller rigid molle panel from greyman tactical and use that for the template. It looks ok but it didn’t quite come out like I’d hoped, but I definitely helps to save space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Anyone with a CNC router should be able to do that quick n easy. There is a whole cottage woodworking industry out there doing homemade CNC router work. Check your local craigslist

DailyExpedition

Anyone with a CNC router should be able to do that quick n easy. There is a whole cottage woodworking industry out there doing homemade CNC router work. Check your local craigslist

Yea and I was one of those woodworkers but minus the cnc, I just like doing stuff on my own, anyone can farm out work to others...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I’ve been there too. I finger jointed 5 sides of a plywood chuck box together with a table saw, a home made sled, some calipers and sheer stubbornness. I probably won’t do another until I build a CNC.

To each their own, but when it comes to making repeat stuff with high accuracy, I would rather farm some of it out. No big deal either way.

Kraqa

20180605_200335.jpg

20180605_200326.jpg

IMG_20180217_220909_253.jpg

IMG_20180217_220909_254.jpg

IMG_20180217_220909_257.jpg

IMG_20180215_170840_847.jpg

1/8" aluminum waterjet cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member