DIY Discada "Skottle" Cooker $65.00

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
As for quality gear, older Coleman and Camp Chef stuff was well made, the newer versions almost fall apart if you just look at them wrong.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Holy cow, those are less than $25 on amazon, might have to order 2 of them! So you can use them on a stove, over a single burner MSR, or right over an open fire? Sounds very practical.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Thanks for the video! I've been thinking about making one out of a disc but this is much easier. Unfortunately I didn't see that they were available on Amazon and paid about $10 more for the one I ordered but still worth it.

WhatTheZo

Now that is so not fair, 2 hours left in the office and I'm pretty sure I burned off the salmon and quinoa I had for lunch a while ago! Do they have a cookbook for the bayou wok?
Hahahaha! Yeah I made myself hungry looking for those pictures. Sorry I don't remember if it came with a cookbook.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gunsandgearnetwork

Got mine also. I’m going to go ahead and sand mine down to a smoother surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I debated on that but kinda like it rough so it holds food along the sides away from the middle. If it is slick you might have a problem keeping food up along the edge away from the direct heat area. As long as it is not causing your food to stick (and mine does not) then you should be all good.

brianb2

This will be my second one. The first one I made from a $30 disc I got from a tractor supply. It’s about double the size and good for larger groups. I smoothed it out also, and it works well. I’m going to make a similar tripod stand for this one.

79b80e2a0eaa0fae959ae4d1b56e8e48.jpg

2a0806cc57aa368909b8712edba2f0d7.jpg

WhatTheZo

This will be my second one. The first one I made from a $30 disc I got from a tractor supply. It’s about double the size and good for larger groups. I smoothed it out also, and it works well. I’m going to make a similar tripod stand for this one.

Nice! Yeah I had one of those from tractor supply. None of my heat sources could get it seering hot unfortunately. It does make a great fire pit for the desert!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gunsandgearnetwork

I am digging the tripod setup. Can you post some more detailed pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94