DIY Bundutec awning

Rutdigger

Watch This!
More work completed

Got some more work done on the awning in the past few days. Fabric arrived yesterday so I started to prepare the frame for patterning. I gotta tell ya; it was a major pain the butt to pattern alone! Sticky tape and plastic don't like each other..lol.

Anyway, here is the frame with the patterning tape applied...I noticed that I had a hinge that was not drilled square allowing one side to droop and welding caused a curve in the frame.....I will have to fix that before I mount it on the trailer.

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

This is map "per say" of the pattern quadrants:

008.jpg

Cutting out the patterns and adding in the seam allowance notes to the edges:

007.jpg

009.jpg

Next step will be to transfer the patterns to the fabric and then cut those out, get them basted and sewn. Add in the risers strike pads and sew in reinforcing patches. Blah blah blah....
 

ripperj

Explorer
Cool, keep it up.
I think it missed(or things changed) that it's double ended-like two foxwings. Should be some serious shade.
Funny how the blah, blah, blah... takes the most time.

Sent from my Passport
 

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Funny how the blah, blah, blah... takes the most time.

Sent from my Passport
Man you got that right! I'm sitting here in the A/C telling myself to get my butt out in the garage and start cutting material; but then I say, "but it's HOT out there!" Lol!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ripperj

Explorer
You did better than I, I have AC in my shop and was trying to decide between a Corona with Lime on my deck or fab more Aluminum trim so I can make a run to the Powder Coater.

The beer won, the second sealed the deal.:)



Sent from my Passport
 

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Got the main structure sewn together. Need to add reinforcement patches and add a hem to the edge. Hopefully I can get it test fitted soon so I can sew the enclosure bag. Hoping to have it mounted by the weekend.


Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com
 
Last edited:

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Got more done to the awning today. First I fixed this problem.



Then I cut out reinforcement patches and sewn in the piece the riders will rotate in. My wife found these at Lowes, they are sink drain delete plugs.









Then we test fit the canvass on the frame.













It's gettin there! Won't get any work done for the next Cpl days because I'm installing gears in the Jeep.


Sent from my spy phone
Www.tonysjeep.com
 
Top