DIY Ambulance Conversion Help

Mcfigueroa84

Hello everyone!

We are Caroline and Jonathan, and we are having a hard time figuring out which ambulance is best for us.

The ambulance are a

2002 E-450 6.0L

or

2002 Freightliner
Wheeled coach FL60
Cummins Motor

Please be detailed about it since we are new to this ambulance conversion. Any help will be appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time.

Last edited:

Mcfigueroa84

Hi @Bikersmurf.

Are you saying big for like parking, and driving? I actually like the space because we won't feel all cramped. We are two adults, and two cats. We also want to set it up in a way that if we end up having a child we could stay on the ambulance.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hi @Bikersmurf.

Are you saying big for like parking, and driving? I actually like the space because we won't feel all cramped. We are two adults, and two cats. We also want to set it up in a way that if we end up having a child we could stay on the ambulance.

1) I’d overlooked the 6.0... I’d not want one.

2) sounds like you want more space inside and are willing to give up easier town driving.

Mcfigueroa84

1) I’d overlooked the 6.0... I’d not want one.

2) sounds like you want more space inside and are willing to give up easier town driving.

That make sense. I. do prefer to be able to drive in the city. Thank you for advising me in not getting the 6.0, during my reattach I did saw that they tend to have tons of issues. Cheers!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
That make sense. I. do prefer to be able to drive in the city. Thank you for advising me in not getting the 6.0, during my reattach I did saw that they tend to have tons of issues. Cheers!

I drove a truck that was roughly the size of a city bus up and down every street and lane way in this city for years, so I'm not too concerned. That said, with that experience behind me, my E350 is like a minivan... on steroids. It's small, maneuverable, easy to park in a regular space... and will cruise along at 85 mph all day long.

Expedition Lab

Hello everyone!

We are Caroline and Jonathan, and we are having a hard time figuring out which ambulance is best for us.

The ambulance are a

2002 E-450 6.0L

or

2002 Freightliner
Wheeled coach FL60
Cummins Motor

Please be detailed about it since we are new to this ambulance conversion. Any help will be appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time.

I'd run with the FL60 wheeled coach ,you'll be glad you did merely for the room and load carrying capacity......we used a forestry hotshot buggy for our build look it up in the classifieds section

Mcfigueroa84

I'd run with the FL60 wheeled coach ,you'll be glad you did merely for the room and load carrying capacity......we used a forestry hotshot buggy for our build look it up in the classifieds section

Thank you. How is it as far as reliability, and being able to drive around the city?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke