Diving in Head First!

yabanja

Explorer
I have been enjoying driving the truck around as much as possible before I pack it away for the winter($@$@#ng salty roads!). I have the vehicle insured as a private vehicle so decided it would be prudent to get the logos from the former owners off the door!

First park it in the sun and peel off the old vinyl with a fingernail:
photo 1 (2).JPG
Then clean the glue residue with a little acetone and left with a clean slate:
photo 2 (2).JPG
Line up the new decal as straight as you can and start removing the adhesive backing:
photo 3 (2).JPG
Carefully work your way all the way down, rub the whole decal on vigorously, then start removing the cover tape:
photo 4 (1).JPG
I really don't like to have such a lame sticker, but until I can get the vehicle looking more like a camper I feel it is necessary to convince the authorities:
photo 5 (1).JPG
Another fulfilling project for less than ten dollars! It really is all about the build for me.
Here is a little video about me and some of my other projects:
[video=vimeo;42180356]http://vimeo.com/42180356[/video]

Take care!

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
Allan, very nice Datsuns!
My first car was a 510 and later a 260Z (I've gone to the dark-side now with Audi TTs)
BTW-Minilites rule

Thank you! As you can see I am quite obsessed!

I manage an Audi Repair shop. If it is a 1.8t 225 horse make sure to change your timing belt at 50K miles! We frequently see them fail at 55-60k. Not sure why. The same engine in golfs and jettas is not prone to this failure.

Allan

Last edited:

yabanja

Explorer
Filled the first tank of fuel yesterday and got 16.8 mpg in mixed city and highway driving-including driving a high mountain pass and picking up a large load of mulch. I was having a hard time believing what I had read about economy with these but couldn't be more pleased! My boss's 2010 ford f250 diesel 3/4 ton gets 13 mpg!

Also picked up a set of Cooper 37 x 12.5 tires. Looking forward to receiving the new wheels!

Allan

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Which rims are you getting?

Also, who decide you decide for springs? Deaver Spring (CA) did the custom springs for my Fuso. If you find someone who will do parabolics let me know!

yabanja

Explorer
Which rims are you getting?

Also, who decide you decide for springs? Deaver Spring (CA) did the custom springs for my Fuso. If you find someone who will do parabolics let me know!

MRW wheels 17x10.

I have not decided on a spring place but am leaning towards Deaver as well. Have not found anyone to do parabolics (outside of india).

Allan

pugslyyy

Deaver definitely knows how to do Fuso springs so you should be in good hands.

Will be interested to hear how the MRW wheels work out. Will going to them derate the chassis?

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Have yall checked out the pages linked here?
http://www.parabolicspring.com/brands.htm

They have several dealers whom they claim will make the springs for you...

Two of the pages specifically list Mitsubishi. It seems most are in the UK though. Looks like one up in Canada, but it might be worth looking into for yall.

pugslyyy

Have yall checked out the pages linked here?
http://www.parabolicspring.com/brands.htm

They have several dealers whom they claim will make the springs for you...

Two of the pages specifically list Mitsubishi. It seems most are in the UK though. Looks like one up in Canada, but it might be worth looking into for yall.

yeah nothing doing with any of these folks (have checked them before). I've found that it has to be someone that does MDTs - when they say they do Mitsubishi they are not referring to Fuso/Canter...

yabanja

Explorer
I guess in that case it depends on what the tires are rated for.

We bought the tires used. The price was right. They are load rated at 121 and not adequate for my vehicle. Once I confirm that I like the size I will be getting a set of toyo 37x13.5 17's with a 133 rating which is adequate for my truck at full rating.

A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles