Distance to nearest McDonalds

paulj

Expedition Leader
For those times when you can't get the campfire lit :)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr...088337&Signature=3BBpqkdCwYkD5QVhhYEGMCOXdKE=
tumblr_l46d74CzKr1qbtnjdo1_1280.jpg

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Long Island looks like it is all Mcdonalds..! Good thing i do work for them, some benefit at least. Ill head to the beach with the SMB this week to, maybe i can get 20 miles from one by road..

BiG BoB

Adventurer
Just checked google earth, I'm about 550-600km as the crow flies from my nearest McDonalds.

By road (track really) it's about 500km of gravel/sand that has a few wheel tracks to show the way, then a few hundred km's of bitumen.

Spikepretorius

Explorer
Google Earth tells me my driveway gate is 0.45 miles from the drive thru window at the local McD as the crow flies.
blush blush.
And a KFC etc. Whole bunch of eateries.

We're deprived in this country. :sombrero:
I remember when the first McD opened in my city. It was a novelty and people drove from far and wide and queued up to buy takeaways :)

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I'm lucky enough that the only fast food restaurant in my entire county is a Subway. The nearest McD's is about 65 or 70 miles away in Sandpoint ID. That restaurant (and most other greasy fast food) is a 3 or 4 times a year kind of thing for me, I'm usually in a bit of internal distress for a day after eating it and that is never fun.

S

Street Wolf

I'm lucky enough that the only fast food restaurant in my entire county is a Subway. The nearest McD's is about 65 or 70 miles away in Sandpoint ID. That restaurant (and most other greasy fast food) is a 3 or 4 times a year kind of thing for me, I'm usually in a bit of internal distress for a day after eating it and that is never fun.

"Subway, Wish You Were Actually Eating Fresh"

AZchris

Adventurer
Google Earth tells me my driveway gate is 0.45 miles from the drive thru window at the local McD as the crow flies.
blush blush.
And a KFC etc. Whole bunch of eateries.

We're deprived in this country. :sombrero:
I remember when the first McD opened in my city. It was a novelty and people drove from far and wide and queued up to buy takeaways :)

When I lived in SA the thing I missed the most was Taco Bell and Chick Fil A, but we too had a McDonalds within a couple miles of our house.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
De Ja Vu? There was an ExPo thread last year about this same subject, as I recall it got axxed when it took a wild tangent. :D

S

Street Wolf

Its a heck of a lot better for you than a hastily made burger with meat that barely resembles beef, and fries where potatoes and salt and oil are not the only ingredients.

Although on multiple occasions I've seen the same fast food supply company deliver to both McDonald and Subway. Don't worry, they pack only the good stuff for Subway though. I'm sure of it.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Although on multiple occasions I've seen the same fast food supply company deliver to both McDonald and Subway. Don't worry, they pack only the good stuff for Subway though. I'm sure of it.

Yeah but you are actually getting vegetables that aren't covered in grease and you have better control over how it is made. How do you know they haven't dropped your burger on the floor and dusted it off and wrapped it up before giving it to you if you can't see them making it? If you are standing in line at Subway and you see the guy behind the counter sniffling and sneezing you probably aren't going to stick around and eat anything he prepares, but at McDonald's you'll never know. And then there is the after affects of the food, I never got the runs from Subway but always do at fast food burger joints (McD's and Burger King and all of them).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94