Discovery 4 / LR4 Auxiliary Long Range Tank

zelatore

Explorer
I don't think he's checking in very often. Michal had some life stuff happen and hasn't been around the forums much.

Ray_G

Explorer
Just as a PSA, if anyone is wanting to do this and wants to try the Frontrunner setup, mine is still NIB where it is likely to stay for some time (meaning I'm happy to sell it off). My new pad has a tiny garage and as my build thread indicated I pulled the spare tire swing away and the spare is now underneath. With the hours I'll have I doubt I'll need the range on the truck for awhile anyway :(

So if someone wants a rare piece of kit...drop me a PM.
r-
Ray

harbinger808

Adventurer
Just as a PSA, if anyone is wanting to do this and wants to try the Frontrunner setup, mine is still NIB where it is likely to stay for some time (meaning I'm happy to sell it off). My new pad has a tiny garage and as my build thread indicated I pulled the spare tire swing away and the spare is now underneath. With the hours I'll have I doubt I'll need the range on the truck for awhile anyway :(

So if someone wants a rare piece of kit...drop me a PM.
r-
Ray

Aloha Ray! what are you looking at getting for the FR?...

Ray_G

Explorer
Aloha Ray! what are you looking at getting for the FR?...

So it's still NIB, and really not avail in the US, so how much does that make it worth? (Obviously what someone will pay for it!)

I'm showing list price at about $850 USD, which is what I think would be fair-shipped (depending on where it's going, HI vice AZ) but lemme know what your thoughts are. Hit me at ray.gerber(at)gmail.com or on pm here.
R-
Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harbinger808

Adventurer
Sorry for the late reply Ray, my wife was ok with this until a few days ago :/
Need to do some more convincing on my part. I'll contact you if she comes around again!

Ray_G

Explorer
It's all good. Tank isn't going anywhere, and folks here get first right of refusal on it. So if you get her to come around, or someone else is interested...you see how hard I'm trying to sell it. :)
r-
Ray

ishapiro

It's all good. Tank isn't going anywhere, and folks here get first right of refusal on it. So if you get her to come around, or someone else is interested...you see how hard I'm trying to sell it. :)
r-
Ray
Pm sent

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
LONG RANGE AUTOMOTIVE TANKS IN USA

Our firm - Cruiser Brother, LLC - is US agent for Long Range Automotive (LRA) since late 2017. We import and stock for resale and are working to update Aussie spec vehicles (diesel and petrol) to work with North American emission systems. LRA offers tanks to suit all Discovery and Defender models, along with some Ranger Rovers as well.

As our firm name suggests, we come from the Toyota world, but support and have sold Toyota, Land Rover, Range Rover and Jeep tanks. We are committed to serving and developing fuel solutions across all brands in the LRA catalogue. We are going about our business launch and product development efforts in a measured and considered manner, working closely with LRA. We are in Australia at least every six months for business and product planning.

Along with website updates (tanks are not shown yet) we have developed two US-spec kits for Land Cruiser 200 and Lexus GX 470. In addition, we have imported over 100 tanks since January of this year. We order twice per month and can provide anything seen on the LRA website here https://longrangeautomotive.com.au/Long-Range-Fuel-Tanks

We are interested in working relationships with Land Rover specialty shops to help understand market needs and adapt our products to meet those needs. If you have or know such a shop, please email us at info@cruiserbrothers.com. Or call Ward Harris at 209-636-0831. You can see our intro video about the LRA/Cruiser Brothers partnership as below.

Thanks for your interest.

1529007024897.png

Avslash

Observer
Wish you guys would have been around in 2016.

I imported my own LRA tank about 2 years ago through the port of Houston.

Work, and then a flooded house from hurriane Harvey have gotten in the way of getting it fitted to the LR4.

If you guys are in contact with a shop in Texas/Ok/LA that would tackle that install, please post it or pm me.

Always intended to work out the install myself, but i am willing to hire it out at this point just to get the project done.

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Wish you guys would have been around in 2016.

I imported my own LRA tank about 2 years ago through the port of Houston.

Work, and then a flooded house from hurriane Harvey have gotten in the way of getting it fitted to the LR4.

If you guys are in contact with a shop in Texas/Ok/LA that would tackle that install, please post it or pm me.

Always intended to work out the install myself, but i am willing to hire it out at this point just to get the project done.
Sorry, not a lot of coverage in those areas other than specialty shops other than LR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier