Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

umbertob

Adventurer
Yesterday I took my daughters to L.A. Zoo (Veteran's Day, schools were out.) I thought I felt something hitting my face around 11 am by the chimpanzees cage, it felt like a droplet of rain. There was a brief moment of panic as I thought we might get soaked. :snorkel: Sadly, I think it may have been a bird. That's probably our water allocation for the month of November.

srschick

Adventurer
starting to upgrade the LR3

2008 LR3 HSE, got it in fall 2012.
Finally getting around to making it off road adventure worthy.
the first part was completed today: changing the stock 19" wheels/tires with oem 5 spokes and Terra Grappler G2s.
I'd say it was pretty successful!

from this:
IMG_3290.jpg

to this:
IMG_3297.jpg

up next is some underbody protection - namely T4x4 sliders and some plating. Still trying to find what skid plates are available or still made. Would have like Rasta or asifir, but apparently they are no longer available in the US?

After that would be a winch, preferably hidden, and a rear tire carrier. And a roof rack.

and the IID Tool. and exterior lighting. and...?
(does it ever end?)

A.J.M

Explorer
In a word. No. :D

You ALWAYS find something new to buy, something to fix or upgrade.
It's the joy of Land Rover's, there is always something you can change or tweak to make it better or more your own.

Darlip

2008 LR3 HSE, got it in fall 2012.
Finally getting around to making it off road adventure worthy.
the first part was completed today: changing the stock 19" wheels/tires with oem 5 spokes and Terra Grappler G2s.
I'd say it was pretty successful!

from this:
View attachment 257017

to this:
View attachment 257018

up next is some underbody protection - namely T4x4 sliders and some plating. Still trying to find what skid plates are available or still made. Would have like Rasta or asifir, but apparently they are no longer available in the US?

After that would be a winch, preferably hidden, and a rear tire carrier. And a roof rack.

and the IID Tool. and exterior lighting. and...?
(does it ever end?)

Did you go with "Satin Black" for your new wheels?

Darlip

Cheers, does the in between paint have name? Looks great on your rig :)

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk

srschick

Adventurer
Cheers, does the in between paint have name? Looks great on your rig :)

Thanks!
I didn't really ask what exact color he used, it may actually be the satin. the powder coater said the matte black is really flat.

here's a close up of the wheel:
IMG_3292.jpg

axels

Adventurer
Matte black also scratches very easily. I had my 10 spokes coated the same way. It doesn't really have a name. Just ask to see the color palette.

SolPlaatje

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418016845.717197.jpg

Mine, bought stock standard two years ago. All mods added after purchase

TDV6 HSE MY07 Arctic Frost
Remapped
Decatted
EGR Blanked
Silicone turbo hoses
Allisport intercooler
D4 Bluetooth module
iPod/iPhone module
Reverse camera with RRS update
WarriorWorx Sump/Bashplate
Kameel Rockslides/steps (fitted after photo taken)
Dual battery with CTEK DC-DC charger and National Luna battery monitor
On-board VIAIR 380C piggyback compressor (plumbed into existing air suspension system)
Discoeast Adjustable suspension rods
Mudtech Anitas suspension controller
18" Cooper Discoverer AT3s
Waeco 300w Inverter with remote switch
LR Dog guard (with bottom grate removed)
Melville and Moon Canvas seat covers
LED boot light upgrade
LR Expo rack (not shown) with floor and Howling Moon Safari awning fitted
Rear and front light guards
Big Country Drawer system with spare wheel access mod (socket and extension), fridge slider for ARB 47 litre
Extra Hella and Brad Harrison plugs at rear
Waterproofed Snorkel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Observer
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a few recent pictures of my Discovery 4. I recently installed the last available Kaymar rear bumper from Outback Proven and currently working on a custom tire swing away. As you can see, both Kaymar stock spindles were cut out and a new spindle was welded in place. The custom tire swing away is currently in progress and I hope to install in early January 2015. I also have the last long-range fuel tank from Outback Proven and will install later.

Happy Holidays!!!

Iamkraig

2006 LR3 HSE HD

Added an LR3 to the stable. Purchased my truck from another member this fall. I have to say I prefer the heat and heated seats to wearing a parka in my defender.
image.jpg

Started making the truck mine with a set of 5 compomotive wheels and BFG's in265/65 18.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next on the list will be and ARB front bumper and then a prospered roof rack and sliders.

Finlayforprez

Observer
Added an LR3 to the stable. Purchased my truck from another member this fall. I have to say I prefer the heat and heated seats to wearing a parka in my defender.

Started making the truck mine with a set of 5 compomotive wheels and BFG's in265/65 18.

Next on the list will be and ARB front bumper and then a prospered roof rack and sliders.

Very nice! Looks a lot like my LR4 and a similar build plan. I have the 265/65R18 BFG AT KOs and really like them, but do plan to order the KO2s when they are available in that size in April 2015. Keep us posted on your build and feel free to send me a message if you have questions about my LR4 - we are headed in the same direction.

Regards, David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles