Disco I: Rear cargo mounting options

barukinzs

Observer
I'm looking for suggestions on how to secure/mount my fridge slide and drawer to the rear cargo area of my Disco I. Any ideas? Thanks- Jeff
fridgeslide.JPG drawerslide.JPG
drawerA.JPG

Last edited:

Ray_G

Explorer
Looks like a nicely built setup on a pretty clean truck. I'd suggest that you may want to bite the bullet and either go through the floor on either side with some cargo tie downs or use existing hardware tie-ins in those cubbies on either side to interface with.

Personally with that setup I'd do the cargo tie downs on either side (total of 4, two on each side) and then connect to your setup via turnbuckles. You're going to want to keep it somewhat easily removable in case you fuel pump goes as the way that's setup you can't access it now.
r-
Ray

Colin Hughes

Explorer
If you pull up the carpet you'll find 4 bolt holes going directly into the floor. On both my D1 and D2, I used these to securely anchor my base piece of plywood and built off of that. I also added tie-downs to these points, recessed into the plywood base.

barukinzs

Observer
If you pull up the carpet you'll find 4 bolt holes going directly into the floor. On both my D1 and D2, I used these to securely anchor my base piece of plywood and built off of that. I also added tie-downs to these points, recessed into the plywood base.
Thank you for the tips. The existing holes in the floor is actually in perfect alignment for my set-up.

Streaky

Observer
The threads are UNF....9/16' I think. Same as those for securing seat belt harness points etc so you can use one of the bolts as a pattern to check against.

mowerman

Adventurer
I use turnbuckles from the back of my drawers to the rear seat belt anchors in the middle of the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke