Disco 1 Needs a Great Mechanic in SLC, UT

innerggg

I just bought this 97 Disco 1 which has electrical issues and a full set of ARB lockers that do not work. Seeking a master Rover mechanic that knows these rigs well and doesn’t charge a dealer rate. Located in SLC, UT but willing to travel to the “right guy”. Recommendations appreciated.

Attachments

• F8F53A9D-8B2E-49E2-98DC-C270BD01D3D5.jpeg
    F8F53A9D-8B2E-49E2-98DC-C270BD01D3D5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

jethro5

I just bought this 97 Disco 1 which has electrical issues and a full set of ARB lockers that do not work. Seeking a master Rover mechanic that knows these rigs well and doesn’t charge a dealer rate. Located in SLC, UT but willing to travel to the “right guy”. Recommendations appreciated.

Great Basin rovers is a great place to go and they are in SLC.

Bill will have you sorted in no time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedjen

You are lucky. Jethro5 is correct about GBR. It is one of the best shops in the U.S. I am even considering shipping my Disco2 to them for an ACR 4.8 engine replacement...and I'm in Calif.

jethro5

Question for you on the lockers, when you engage the compressor and then the rear switch do you hear anything?

So it’s common for the solenoid to go out. Depending on it’s wired but most arb are wired so that the front only work when the rear is engaged.

So a bad solenoid could prevent both from working. Learned from experience.

What’s the electrical issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles