Disaster Relief Vehicle

KlutchInd

So I had an 88 E350 Quigley project going but it had more rust than I wanted to deal with and when this popped up on ebay I moved as quickly as I could. I've been looking for this type of vehicle for quite a while for going to the track and not having to haul a trailer. Van or box truck/ambulance with a diesel and low miles. And I couldn't pass this one up with only 20k miles on the odometer!

This won't be much of a build for a while. I'm currently using it as is utilizing the existing L-track, which is extremely handy. I mounted a Condor and threw in a cot and that's how she's working for now. Just wanted to share this cool rig.

disaster1.JPG

disaster2.JPG

disaster3.JPG

disaster4.JPG

disaster5.JPG

disaster6.JPG

disaster7.JPG

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Cool looking rig. It sure looks like an ambulance... but with higher ceilings. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

KlutchInd

It is basically an ambulance. Same construction, just different doors and less cabinets. And yes, great head room! Its over 6'. The box exterior dimensions are 8'x13'.

huskyhauler

Adventurer
Nice dog! I've got an enlish myself. Great dogs, just not that, well, durable.

As for the rig, VERY NICE! There are quite a few ambulances (mine included) on this site you can steal ideas from and bounce ideas around. I really like how the back end completely opens up. We haul motorcycles in ours as well.

And that window is massive! You have a unique opportunity there to creat a cool interior.

KlutchInd

Nice dog! I've got an enlish myself. Great dogs, just not that, well, durable.

As for the rig, VERY NICE! There are quite a few ambulances (mine included) on this site you can steal ideas from and bounce ideas around. I really like how the back end completely opens up. We haul motorcycles in ours as well.

And that window is massive! You have a unique opportunity there to creat a cool interior.

Thanks! He's an Old English. He's slow and doesn't take to the heat much, or running, or walking...but loves to ride.

I've been poking around here for a year or more looking at all the ambo's. Tons of great ideas. Had a line on one a while back for cheap but that deal fell through. Had already contacted Chris and everything. But this one suits the bill for now. The interior leaves for lots of options. I'll do some planning over the winter. May begin working on a kitchen and real bed. I think eventually it will end up more camper than bike hauler and then get a trailer. But I like to have the option if I'm by myself to throw a bike in the back.

Ultimate goal will be to to go 4x4. But you know, money. And for now it makes a great billboard.

disaster8.JPG

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Thanks! He's an Old English. He's slow and doesn't take to the heat much, or running, or walking...but loves to ride.

I've been poking around here for a year or more looking at all the ambo's. Tons of great ideas. Had a line on one a while back for cheap but that deal fell through. Had already contacted Chris and everything. But this one suits the bill for now. The interior leaves for lots of options. I'll do some planning over the winter. May begin working on a kitchen and real bed. I think eventually it will end up more camper than bike hauler and then get a trailer. But I like to have the option if I'm by myself to throw a bike in the back.

Ultimate goal will be to to go 4x4. But you know, money. And for now it makes a great billboard.

disaster8.JPG

They do make a good bilboard... hard to miss.

For advertising, I'd have a few descriptors of your business... less is better though don't get carried away. If all you're seeking is brnad recognition what you've got works.

KlutchInd

They do make a good bilboard... hard to miss.

For advertising, I'd have a few descriptors of your business... less is better though don't get carried away. If all you're seeking is brnad recognition what you've got works.

Agreed. The plan for now is to go as simple as possible. I just said make an obnoxiously large logo. Hopefully it won't be red and white forever so I'm waiting on more expensive graphics.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Very nice - I remember seeing that on ebay and thinking how nice it was. Seemed to have been really well maintained, and I really liked how spartan the back was compared to an ambulance box where you have a lot of work to do ripping stuff out before you can even get started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles