Disabled Explores owes a huge thanks from Overland Expo 09

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Wow time has flown by since the Overland Expo and I am still in awe of the event. I can't say thanks enough to everyone who helped with the event, who bought raffle tickets, who bid at the silent auction and who stopped by to see the display/demo/driving.

I have been wanting to get this post done by right after the event I had to jump into work to make up for time off, then there was my younger son's transition to Boy Scouts and getting ready for a month in Europe with my older son. Wow time can slip away. Not to mention gathering info on all the donations and people to thank.

Well the list still isn't complete but I just can't wait any longer.....kudo's need to be given and much deserved recognition given. I have been super worried about missing someone and I find I am not getting the word out to anyone :)

Huge thanks to Roseann for picking Disabled Explorers as the charity for the event. The money raised will go directly to insurance coverage and other things much needed in order to safely meet the needs of the disabled who want help towards backcountry travel. I have keep notes to pass on to whoever she picks for next years charity as it was a great learning experience.

There are tons more people to thank along with some great pics to share. Please click here to read about the event on our site.

I just need to follow up with a few people who won the silent auction. If you haven't heard from me yet please fire off a pm or email, thanks!

And if the winner of the camping lab awning would be so kind as to contact me I think I have some bits still for you.

Again huge thanks to everyone involved, I still need to put up a few more things on the website but I wanted to get recognition out before waiting too much longer. If you don't see info about you or your company/orginization please contact me as that means I can't find your info.

As a final note I would personally like to thank Travis from Safari Pacific for his help in getting the Aluminess bumper installed for OX09 and for all his help in the display and also JC Brandon for his help with the display also. Without you guys to offer a bit of breaktime I would have pee'd into my leg many times over :)

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Thanks guys,
I was really stuck on writing up the event....I could have done pages and pages worth of thanks, cool stuff seen, the way the community welcome the disabled and a few dozen stories. But there is only so much you can expect folks to look at so I figured a small taste would get them to the event next year.
Of course our website is geared toward the disabled community so you might have noticed I didn't go into huge detail on the rigs or companies.

I can't wait to be there next year, and to help the next charity that see just how cool the expo world is.

PJPR01

Adventurer
HI Lance,

I have been awaiting your mail here...please don't forget to send me the email address for paypal payment for the ARB light from the silent auction.

Paul

wikid

Adventurer
Lance
Nice write up on Overland Expo Thanks for the mention and photo of our set up
Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles