Disabled Explorers and Overland Journal attend AZ Game and Fish Outdoor Expo

corbin8or

Adventurer
The last two days have been long and exciting! Lance and I (with some help from our better halves and one of his small ones) teamed up with Brian (with his wife and children) from Overland journal to display 4 RTTs (all different brands even) and 3 different overland vehicle options and an Adventure Trailer! What a display we had! Promoting the Overland Expo and overlanding in general. 22,000 people went through on Sat. and today seemed like more!! What a huge experience for everyone involved! We met and talked with ore than a dozen people with disabilities themselves and many more that knew someone that maybe thought they couldn't get out there anymore. Que the one legged guy and the wheelchair dude! the 4 rigs and the 3 of us were kept on our toes, well really only half of our toes are any good to us... ha ha
gimp jokes gotta love 'em.
This event was a huge success in that we were able to show a large volume of people what we (overlanders) are about disabled or not, we are all out doing the same thing, just in different ways. Tons of support from everyone there!
I hope Lance and Brian have like experiences to share, and photos! I have no camera at the moment.
Thank you all for your support and for sharing on this forum!

Corbin

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
lancefjc.jpg

Wow what a weekend! 23, 000 people the first day and nearly that the second! This event is put on by Arizona Game & Fish to showcase hunting, fishing, shooting sports, wildlife conservations, and Off Highway Vehicle recreation to the public.
We owe a debt of gratitude to Game & Fish for allowing non-profits to setup free of charge. Being all volunteers here at DE and donation supported we work to keep cost as low as possible. Not only that but they gave us a great display area next to the rockcrawling demo course. People were continually drawn from the nearby shuttle stop by the Roof Top Tents waving in the wind.

To see more pics and read the rest of the story click here

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Thank you guys for being such good ambassadors at this event!
:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior