Disable DRLs...Which wire?

proscllc

My 2000 Tacoma doesn't seem to correspond to the TSB or other threads I can find. My DRL module is under my dash above the gas pedal (at least I think that's it :confused: ). The connector (D8) has these wires coming in...
DSC05865
http://prosgetpaid.com/tacodrl.html

So is Pin #2 (the one I'm supposed to cut) the black w/orange stripe? or the purple w/yellow stripe?

I've read that a 2000 4Runner had a black w/yellow stripe. I would have thought the 2000 Tacoma would have been the same, but....

Help?

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
IRCC, it should be a white wire with a black stripe. The wire you want to cut is on pin #2. (for a 2001 not sure if it is the same on your 2000)
main.jpg

Which looks different than yours:
DSC05865-600x450.jpg

Link: Disable URL's

proscllc

Your connector looks quite different too. Maybe I'm in the wrong spot. I got this from under the dash, above my right shin bone area. It's a gray module that is unmarked. In another thread, this was what I was sent after... or so I thought.

This is not in the kick panel on the left side, although some have said to look for the DRL main relay there.

Am I just way off course?

proscllc

Found it.

A thread on yotatech pointed me here. A box mounted between the battery and the driver's side fender. It is labeled as a resistor...

DSC05905-450x600.jpg

I just disconnected the connector in the photo and it seems to have worked without cutting any wires.

Thanks for the help!

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
If you release the parking brake and pull it back out one click BEFORE you start the engine, the DRL's won't come on. One click on the parking brake isn't nearly enough to make the brakes drag. Tacozona figured this out.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Yeah but then you have the big red brake light blarining on the dash, but it would at least allow for the spotter to see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz