Dirtmobile - A KTM 990 Build

tacogrande

Im thinking of doing the FMF slip-on's. -dual

I put on FMF "Factory 4.1" dual slip ons and they are super loud, and the wifey complains of exhaust getting in her helmet due to the super short length. I installed the spark arrestors and they are much quieter. The FMF "Q" series is considerably longer...and more quiet. Just a heads up.

Last edited:

Mechanical

Adventurer
A few more pictures from the trip:

mechanical.jpg

dino1.jpg

DSCN0815.JPG

DSCN0903.JPG

DSCN0820.JPG

DSCN0846.JPG

DSCN0867.JPG

DSCN0877.JPG

DSCN0908.JPG

DSCN0918.JPG

DSCN0869.JPG

DSCN0843.JPG

DSC03047_zpsc843924c.jpg

IMG_3690.JPG

DSCN0925.JPG

Last edited:

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Video was awesome! Great scenery, and fun terrain. I liked how you Guys are two up and going for it. The sand at the end of the video was a great ending.

Good stuff!

Last edited:

Mechanical

Adventurer
Video was awesome! Great scenery, and fun terrain. I liked how you Guys are two up and going for it. The sand at the end of the video was a great ending.

Good stuff!

Thanks!

Is that the Crystal Mountain along the NV/UT border?

Nice to see the KTM being well used - they are amazing machines.

Thanks Scott. It is at Dinosaur National Monument on the CO/UT border.

Last edited:

Mechanical

Adventurer
I'm in love with the front. I run it almost exclusively on the bike.

The rear was fine. It seems like it has slightly less traction than a 909 and mine only lasted around 1500 miles. The 909 is easily a better tire, more traction and lasts longer, but it should be as it is twice the price.

Sorry I have been lazy about updating this thread. I'm in the middle of moving and starting a new job, so posts will roll out slowly. Hopefully I'll get everything updated sometime this winter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles