Overlandtowater’s solid axle suburban

Overlandtowater

Enjoying the build. Curious how that shift kit is holding up? How long did it take you to install?
Seems to be doing great but I don't put a ton of miles on it I bet I have less than15 tanks of gas on it since I installed it, I have noticed a little more noise from the rear end and I can only imagine the hard second gear shift has something to do with it. It took me a Saturday to do the install.

Overlandtowater

So earlier on in a post I mentioned about a grunting feeling and sound in my power steering and narrowed it down to the steering box, a couple of months ago I pumped the fluid out of the reservoir "and if you remember I put new fluid in it when the HP line blew...." I refilled it with Lucas power steering fluid stop leak and conditioner. FYI I have never had much luck with off the shelf snake oil but this stuff actually did the trick I waited a while to see if it would comeback but as of now it has not, now I don't daily drive the truck but it gets used at least 3 times a week and the sound has not come back. If it does comeback I'm willing to drain it and refill with Lucas again.https://lucasoil.com/products/problem-solvers-utility/lucas-power-steering-stop-leak

Overlandtowater

Finally picked up some lights to put on my ditch light brackets, only problem I have to wait till I unwrap them at Christmas....I picked up a set of cheap LED lights from a farm store never heard of them before but they look pretty good. Evergear automotive...they appear to have some pretty good looking products on the way. They didn't have a wiring harness with them and by time I add two harnesses one for the 13" light bar and one for the pods I will have enough money end them for a set of Hella's which I really like but oh well these will work they shine really good we will see how they handle the rough roads.

Another thing is I'm having problems with the over head dvd player just clicks when the kids load a dvd. Any one have any suggestions of how to clean it or get it working again.....if not what does every one else do with them? Do you leave the there? Take it out and install something else? If I take it out what should I replace it with? I don't care if the kids have movies or not they should be looking outside anyways.

The Cd player started doing the same thing. and wont eject do you think they just need a good cleaning?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I have to fight my CD player to get it to work. I have to load a cd about thirty times before it stops telling me the cd is bad.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I have to fight my CD player to get it to work. I have to load a cd about thirty times before it stops telling me the cd is bad.
I looked into my problem, turns out its the rough ride. My HD is pretty stiff and on crappy roads the disc wont load. If I'm not moving it'll load.

Probably not your problem though.

Overlandtowater

painted and put the ditch light brackets on and they fit really tight buy they clear every thing except the bolt that fastens the two pieces together I had to flip the bolt over and put the nut on top witch I do not like but the other way the nut rubs the fender.....1/4" further out and it would have worked great....KIMG1379[1].JPGKIMG1379[1].JPGKIMG1379[1].JPGKIMG1383[1].JPGKIMG1384[1].JPGKIMG1383[1].JPG

Overlandtowater

they droop a little but it is what it is....still waiting on wiring harnesses I have a 13.5" bar too but don't know where to put it yet. guess I will have to build a bumper just so I have a place.KIMG1387[1].JPGKIMG1388[1].JPGKIMG1391[1].JPG

Overlandtowater

How bad is the glare off the white hood? Been thinking of a set of these for mine that help my aging eyes see my driveway when I turn in in the rain.
not too bad I moved the lights back and down as far as possible and pointed them just out side the headlight pattern...I didn't realize how much they actually do until I ran them for about 30 minutes and when I had to shut them off due to on coming traffic I thought I turned off all my lights...

Overlandtowater

here is a few pictures that are easier to see.... I pushed the passenger light all the way back to where it almost touched the antenna and then matched the driver side with that...So far the Evergear lights seem ok I blasted through 12 hours of rain, and mud the other day and I cannot see any signs of water getting in..KIMG1397[1].JPGKIMG1398[1].JPGvergear lights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier