Overlandtowater’s solid axle suburban

Overlandtowater

Isn't there a 9.5 from an Avalanche or something that would bolt in?
07+ subs, avy, and tahoe with tha axn axle code. But they are 4x the cost for an older 9.5. For my setup I will have to modify the mounts some anyway why not start with a cheaper axle. Hummer H2 9.5” axle is also a drop in if you can find one but you wold need to get axle shafts and brakes from a Silverado max.

arveetek

Adventurer
Saving money for a 6 lug 14 bolt. I stopped by a wrecking yard today and painted the one I wanted it’s from a 94 model gmc

What gear ratio is the 14 bolt semi float you currently have that's too narrow? I'm wanting to swap my 10 bolt for a semi float 6 lug 14 bolt, and I wouldn't be opposed to running wheel spacers.... I'm wanting to also go to 4.10 gears in the process.

Casey

Overlandtowater

What gear ratio is the 14 bolt semi float you currently have that's too narrow? I'm wanting to swap my 10 bolt for a semi float 6 lug 14 bolt, and I wouldn't be opposed to running wheel spacers.... I'm wanting to also go to 4.10 gears in the process.

Casey
It’s 4.10s. I’ll swap the gears into the other axle housing. its 3" narrower than the 10 bolt under mine and 6" narrower than the width of the Dana 44 with gmt800 unit bearings.

Last edited:

Overlandtowater

Tearing into the heavy half semi float 14 bolt (9.5”) pulled all the drum brake parts off. The 10 bolt backing plate bolts up to the SF14 bolt. The 10 bolt rotors seat all the way on the heavy half axle shafts. Sat the caliper and bracket on the rotor and measured, the backing plate mounts are 2 1/4” to far in on the axle shafts. With the backing plate mounts welded on both sides I don’t want to try and cut them off to slide them towards the outside 2.25”. I was thinking about spacers but didn’t see any online anywhere. I might cut the 10 bolt mounts off and ream them to slide over the 9.5 axle housing. D2B0D6C0-2D74-4C69-A79E-FB138D5D23C9.jpegE073D7CB-58CA-444A-A816-E84EF97D2F11.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior