Overlandtowater’s solid axle suburban

Overlandtowater

Drove it for a couple of hours today with no problems. Maybe yesterday I pushed the button on accident i did just get all my teath pulled.

rayra

Expedition Leader
The solenoids themselves are usually ok, just need to be exercised once in a while. But after your lengthwise high-center the other day I'd suggest looking at the front solenoid wiring just to make sure it isn't damaged. Don't recall if all the 4wd have the skidplate? Or if it is just part of the z71? Anyway, the dash switch is the common culprit. Same with the driver window, if you haven't had that trouble yet.

Overlandtowater

No skid on mine. I was morr worried it was the encoder on the shift motor. 70 bucks or so. I did fo a quick look at the wires and the appear to be okay.

Whats up with the driver window? All 4 of mine are as slow as Christmas.20200615_064904.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
driver window control switches seem to be a common failure. heavy use and the window / body arrangement gets them dripped on when the window is open in the rain.

If you are considering splitting your transfer case for the encoder, you'll probably want to solve the case rubbing issue too. There's a steel plate / shim that can be put in to forestall the chain rubbing thru the inside of the transfer case.

Overlandtowater

driver window control switches seem to be a common failure. heavy use and the window / body arrangement gets them dripped on when the window is open in the rain.

If you are considering splitting your transfer case for the encoder, you'll probably want to solve the case rubbing issue too. There's a steel plate / shim that can be put in to forestall the chain rubbing thru the inside of the transfer case.
already done the pump rub fix. Encoder just requires pulling the electronic motor and splitting its case

Overlandtowater

Ran about 70 miles on gravel this afternoon just to see if i could make it from the largest town aroun to a nice river. Found some nice camping spots and did a few pretty deep water crossing on the north fork of little black river.20200620_192401.jpg20200620_192416.jpg20200620_192852.jpg20200620_192853.jpg

Last edited:

Overlandtowater

Also trying to decide on my fathers day gift, cooler or gmrs radio both about the same price. Wondering if anyone has any insight the Midland mtx275 and the mtx115

Last edited:

Overlandtowater

Also drove an hour to run the Mississippi river bottoms last night river looking good wish i would have remembered to take a few pictures... oh well 4" of mud everywhere in the bottoms the river just dropped. 4" of rain last week still had all the ditches up an once again i crossed a few up to the bottom of the doors. And the bugs were horrendous. 20200623_213351.jpg20200623_213323.jpg20200623_213317.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz