Dirt Sunrise: Tim and Kelsey get lost...

RJ Howell

I need to catch up on you guys before I see this on his! Love you folks are doing the AZ Peace Trail. I had asked Tim about this a bit back and was wondering how tough the AZ side actually is. I've read there are work-arounds for the tougher stuff and honestly, some of what you did in Tonto.. I'd still rather not unless I have to.

Would love to see you do some in the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge. You can route Yuma to Organ Pipe! I'd love to run this, yet have no idea what it will take.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I need to catch up on you guys before I see this on his! Love you folks are doing the AZ Peace Trail. I had asked Tim about this a bit back and was wondering how tough the AZ side actually is. I've read there are work-arounds for the tougher stuff and honestly, some of what you did in Tonto.. I'd still rather not unless I have to.

Would love to see you do some in the Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge. You can route Yuma to Organ Pipe! I'd love to run this, yet have no idea what it will take.

Thanks RJ,
A long time ago I mountain biked the El Diablo Trail. It's a great route along the border with tons of history from Yuma to Organ Pipe. Do it, but if there is any rain, beware. That silt would turn into some nasty muck!
Cheers!
Tim

Trip report:

CIMG1193.jpg

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Think most of us get to this point...
Love the LR 110 I build for Overlanding
But looking at an Iveco Eurocargo for more space & comfort.
Listen to yourself.
Bon Courage !

SOAZ

Really like the looks of the new vehicle but how can you sell Goose?
This new life has been filled with hard choices. We miss him for sure, but love the new home so much.

Think most of us get to this point...
Love the LR 110 I build for Overlanding
But looking at an Iveco Eurocargo for more space & comfort.
Listen to yourself.
Bon Courage !
Cheers!!

Will you guys be attending/teaching Expo West?
We're not 100% sure yet. We want to get back to exploring for fun after another couple months of work, but the Expo's are great fun too.

DaveJones

"We're not 100% sure yet. We want to get back to exploring for fun after another couple months of work, but the Expo's are great fun too."
Well, if ever you'd change your mind, see you at the Expo. :)

DaveJones

"Cheers, after working all of them we should really attend once to enjoy it and take some video and meet more folks! ?"
Yup, my brother was able to attend a few years ago, I just can't remember which one.

RJ Howell

We visit Chiricahua National Monument one of Arizona's sky islands. It is a uniquely beautiful place full of history and stunning scenery. We hope you enjoy!

My plans as travel west is to run through Coronado National Forest starting in Portal (Trans Mountain Rd?). I had marked a campground in Chiricahua and had no idea how pretty it is. Thank you folks!

Writing-on-Stone in Alberta was much the same way, as you don't know what's there till you get there. specially since it's below the prairie you'v been driving in for hours.. Places like these are just awesome to see!
Also got quite a kick out you calling those others young, as we see you two as young.. we 'are' old. LOL

Great job filming! Thank you for doing it!

SOAZ

My plans as travel west is to run through Coronado National Forest starting in Portal (Trans Mountain Rd?). I had marked a campground in Chiricahua and had no idea how pretty it is. Thank you folks!

Writing-on-Stone in Alberta was much the same way, as you don't know what's there till you get there. specially since it's below the prairie you'v been driving in for hours.. Places like these are just awesome to see!
Also got quite a kick out you calling those others young, as we see you two as young.. we 'are' old. LOL

Great job filming! Thank you for doing it!

Thanks RJ,
Love finding "hidden" gems. We look forward to exploring Canada! Age is all relative. On our trip we felt like the "kids" one day and we were by far the "old timers" in another. Haha! The good part is that Travelers can all relate to each other no matter the age or origin.
Cheers and enjoy that trip!
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles