Dirt Sunrise: Tim and Kelsey get lost...

gnel

Hello to you both,
Tim I have a random question for you. What kind of a precleaner are you using on your snorkel and are you happy with it?
Thanks

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Hello to you both,
Tim I have a random question for you. What kind of a precleaner are you using on your snorkel and are you happy with it?
Thanks
On my previous truck it was a Donaldson TopSpin and it was great. Air filter never got dirt even doing silt beds etc. The current truck has a Donaldson TopSpin HD which is all metal and it works great, but not as good as the original TopSpin. (Their site shows the effectiveness and so far their advertising has been spot on) Looks like their new Strata is the new top of the heap precleaner. https://www.donaldson.com/en-us/engine/filters/products/air-intake/accessories/pre-cleaners/
The brand new truck has a Sy-Klone brand unit. Once we get the intake all sealed up we'll see if it keeps the filter clean like the others. If not I'll grab a Donaldson again. https://www.sy-klone.com/series9000.html

gnel

Brand new truck :unsure: do tell. Thanks amigo I´ve been looking at both. I guess I'm on the right track!

sethro

Brand new older 1990 truck. haha! More info soon or some more info on Instagram as of last night.
ok, so since we’ve established you’re about a year behind reality (youtube channel wise) this means WE GOTTA WAIT A DAMN YEAR TO SEE THAT SWEET MALTEC IN ACTION??

This just isn’t fair.

Can’t you guys just stop adventuring so you can make videos for us poor schlubs to drool over all your adventuring? This isn’t about you, this is about US.

Seriously though...the MALTEC. Jeezuz. I’m drooling gear lube.

Seth

SOAZ

ok, so since we’ve established you’re about a year behind reality (youtube channel wise) this means WE GOTTA WAIT A DAMN YEAR TO SEE THAT SWEET MALTEC IN ACTION??

This just isn’t fair.

Can’t you guys just stop adventuring so you can make videos for us poor schlubs to drool over all your adventuring? This isn’t about you, this is about US.

Seriously though...the MALTEC. Jeezuz. I’m drooling gear lube.

Seth

The good news is that we're catching up. Next video we head to Baja which is November and then we're off exploring in the FJ40 which is just a few months ago.
Dream truck for sure. Spending a few weeks working on it and then hopefully it will be pretty dialed. Loving the manual and 1hdt.

tikirob

Kelsey must be so excited for the extra room! Plus having the ability to cook inside and be out of the weather! Happy for you guys!

SOAZ

Kelsey must be so excited for the extra room! Plus having the ability to cook inside and be out of the weather! Happy for you guys!
Thank you! You're right, the ability to stay inside if you feel sick, the weather sucks, you need to stealth camp etc is so nice. Still a small permanent space for two, but for us it feels like a mansion in there. Haha!
Can't wait to show more of it and get more months of use in it!

kbellve

Observer
I am really interested in your review of the diesel engine. I think you have a 1HD-T in the Maltec?

It seems to be equivalent to the 1FZ-FE as far as torque, but at a lower RPM. Fuel economy, as it relates to range (rather than cost) is what has me interested. I think it is one of the easier motors to swap in to replace a 1FZ-FE.

ITTOG

Join us as we anxiously await Goose and navigate getting him back into the US.
It was very interesting to see your thoughts and feelings about Goose being returned. I have never felt like that about a vehicle or so I thought. I have a F150 now and sure miss my Tundra. My son drives the Tundra now and I often drive it over the F150 even though it is a 2007 and doesn't have the creature comforts. I guess I had feelings for the Tundra I never let surface. Anyway, I really enjoyed the video and thinking how weird you were about Goose. ;)

SOAZ

I am really interested in your review of the diesel engine. I think you have a 1HD-T in the Maltec?

It seems to be equivalent to the 1FZ-FE as far as torque, but at a lower RPM. Fuel economy, as it relates to range (rather than cost) is what has me interested. I think it is one of the easier motors to swap in to replace a 1FZ-FE.
For me, a lot of the benefit is having the manual now. The manual and diesel make somethings harder, slower, more maint needed than the 1fze, but I prefer it. It's not very logical. As you said, the main plus would be the low end torque for offroad use and also the fuel economy. Loving it all so far. We'll see what sort of fuel economy we get offroad where the RPM's are lower. On the highway the diesel is getting 25 to 30% better mileage because we're at pretty high, for a diesel, rpm's at 70MPH.

It was very interesting to see your thoughts and feelings about Goose being returned. I have never felt like that about a vehicle or so I thought. I have a F150 now and sure miss my Tundra. My son drives the Tundra now and I often drive it over the F150 even though it is a 2007 and doesn't have the creature comforts. I guess I had feelings for the Tundra I never let surface. Anyway, I really enjoyed the video and thinking how weird you were about Goose. ;)
Haha! Feelings for trucks creep up on you. The more adventures or sketchy moments a truck/motorcycle get's you through the more you start to anthropomorphize it. :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles