Dirt Sunrise: Tim and Kelsey get lost...

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
A walkthrough of what recovery gear we have, what we've used and what we'd leave at home next time.

SOAZ

We sure love that area of New Mexico. I can't believe how much water there is for a state we often think of as Desert. ??

SOAZ

This week we wake up to white stuff all over the high desert and Tonto decides that he deserves a Spa Day at the local autoparts store before he's willing to continue this roadtrip.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks for sharing,

A great resource for identifying insects, provided you have time and an Internet connection

Maybe one of these? https://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Rove-Beetle

Also some pretty cool apps

SOAZ

Thanks for sharing,

A great resource for identifying insects, provided you have time and an Internet connection

Maybe one of these? https://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Rove-Beetle

Also some pretty cool apps

That's awesome! I wish we had that in the Amazon!

This week we show you an inside look at Overland Expo. I've worked there since it started and Kelsey and I met at the event so its been an important part of our journey.

toddz69

Explorer
That's awesome! I wish we had that in the Amazon!

This week we show you an inside look at Overland Expo. I've worked there since it started and Kelsey and I met at the event so its been an important part of our journey.
Love it! Well done!

Todd Z.

WFOORBUST

Really enjoying your videos, been here from the start! Are you guys going to be at the expo in may? Also how did you get involved with expo and will you be teaching any classes if you are there? Keep up the good work and where are you now?

Last edited:

SOAZ

Really enjoying your videos, been here from the start! Are you guys going to be at the expo in may? Also how did you get involved with expo and will you be teaching any classes if you are there? Keep up the good work and where are you now?

Thank you!
Yes, we'll be teaching driving/winching classes at all three Expos. We need to come home for more time this visit to refill the trip fund. Also going to teach at the Overland Rallyes, lead some Mexico trips, do the military training and some private trainings as well.

Back in the early 2000's I was laid off a few times as the economy was down and each company I worked for went under. Wasn't making money so I started an environmental cleanup to remove trash from some local trails just to do something. I couldn't find a fulltime job so I poured myself into that charity and just worked odd jobs for money anytime I could. That blew up into a big event and I started meeting a lot of folks from it. The folks who later started Overland Journal and a thing called Overland Training gave me some work, part of which was teaching the offroading skills I'd had from all the years of wheeling. Those same friends, one in particular, always gave me as much work as they could.
Then some of them went and started Expo and it's been growing ever since.

Right place at the right time, but putting a lot of hours and years into that cleanup seems to have paid dividends I never expected in ways I never could have imagined.

Cheers from the Osorno Volcano in Chile.
Tim
PSX_20200202_092504.jpg

Last edited:

WFOORBUST

Thanks for the response. Look forward to meeting you two at Expo in Arizona this year, it will be our first. We are flying out to look at several trailer brands that will all be there, but I'm sure I will find a few other thing to see. Thanks for taking the time to post and update your report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles