Dirt Sunrise: Tim and Kelsey get lost...

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I blew up a shock on pavement in Oregon. That was the second $19.99 shock I killed before I got a little smarter. Hope you get the right pieces.
$19.99 shock..... yah, see, don't ever fall into the trap of being obsessed about shocks even if you get an employee discount. My employee cost for Icon's was roughly..... stand by.... maths.... mathing..... 90 times the cost of your shocks.... ugh. You should see how fast we launch off topes though....
Post Baja, April 2016. I blew out both rears. Not only were they leaking, but the shafts were black from the heat.
That's gotta feel like an accomplishment. If you're going to break something, break it good!!

Los182

Yep, just up the routa 40. If you take the old 40 it's a killer motorcycle route or a great route to make your wife throw up if in a truck.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexiquillo

Haha! Poor Kelsey............... I was under the assumption that Durango was a lot more dry, Arizona like., i'ts so lush and beautiful. So, completely off subject, but do you know if the dirt roads on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon close for the winter? I plan to make it out there over the Thanksgiving break.

SOAZ

Haha! Poor Kelsey............... I was under the assumption that Durango was a lot more dry, Arizona like., i'ts so lush and beautiful. So, completely off subject, but do you know if the dirt roads on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon close for the winter? I plan to make it out there over the Thanksgiving break.
So far Mexico has been more lush and had much more high elevation that we dreamed.
On the North Rim, NO, they just close the paved roads and a few roads off of there to dirt. My favorite way to do the North Rim is to start on the Nevada side and work to the East getting higher and higher with every point/lookout in elevation until there is either too much snow or you make it all the way to the paved roads. Here are a couple old posts of mine.
http://soaztim.blogspot.com/2013/09/exploring-back-roads-of-grand-canyon.html
http://soaztim.blogspot.com/2013/09/exploring-back-roads-of-grand-canyon_9.html

Then there is a video on youtube of a short trip as well on our Dirt Sunrise page. One of my favorite places on earth. Enjoy and shoot me a link if you do a write up! We're loving seeing pics of home!

Los182

Funny you mentioned Nevada, I'm meeting up my brother in law in Vegas and moving on to the Grand Canyon from there. It won't be until November, but I'll make sure to take lots of pictures for you guys. I hope it's not too cold, I'm taking my kids with me.

SOAZ

Do we sell the truck and move onto a yacht? Do we get lost in the magical maple forest? Do we start giving misleading titles to our videos!?
Find out this week with Dirt Sunrise. ;-)
This episode uploaded today via my cell phone as we drove over some of the nuttiest Guatemalan roads at night.
Cheers,
T&K

SOAZ

This week we wander around Jalisco and find a nice big “park” in the mountains we decide to do some maintenance and explore it for a couple days. Then we’re off to Guadalajara where we get a hotel and find a punk rock bar! Like ya do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles